There are newer employer reviews for BI Worldwide

Good place to work

Current Employee - Product Management in Minneapolis, MN
Current Employee - Product Management in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at BI Worldwide full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

You can work with many different customers in various industries. You have the opportunity to move to different departments and change career fields.

The company is secure. It is managed well and as a results lay-offs don't occur unless there is a significant loss of business.

Cons

Not a fast moving company, change is slow.

There are not many chances to move into management.

The benefits are not great, fairly expensive.

There are many people in management who have been there a long time and aren't really open to making changes in the way business is approached.

Shake things up. There are many people who are unwilling/unable to make changes.

64 Other Employee Reviews for BI Worldwide (View Most Recent)

I love working for this company!!

Current Employee - Business Development Director in Princeton, NJ
    Current Employee - Business Development Director in Princeton, NJ

I have been working at BI Worldwide full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This company is the best place I have ever worked!! They completely understand technology, They put the clients needs first and realize that is the most important job, and the next is taking care of their employees. These are the top two concerns. They do practice what they preach, their own internal rewards and recognition program is wonderful! Employees do try to help one another for the greater good of the organization and translates over to the clients we serve everyday. This company has a strong vision for the future and understands what investments need to be made to take even better care of our clients and partners. BIW has the best platforms, products, services and people. They make me feel important everyday.

Cons

There is a lot of competition in the industry and we need to continue to improve in how well we effectively communicate why we are the best in this industry.

Keep your eye on the prize, make RFP and proposals the top priority of the company. Make sure that employees realize that every opportunity should be treated as gold, as they only come around once and a while and if they dont communicate how great BIW is, no one else will do it. Overall, great job, great company, great solutions, and love working here!

A remarkable company that I am very proud to be associated with!

Current Employee - Business Development Director in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Business Development Director in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at BI Worldwide full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I have always been impressed with the leadership of Larry Schoenecker and the many accomplishments of it's people. There is room for pride, but not ego. It's the hardest you will ever work, but you keep coming back for more. The culture is conservative, but you get what you need. There is a wonderful culture of philanthropy and many opportunities to serve charitable organizations. For many positions, there is opportunity to move about the company to try new things.

Cons

It's not for everybody. BIW is a unique company with very few peers in solution sets. It's hard for many people to understand, because there isn't anything else to really compare it to. Projects are very large, often very public and clients can be very demanding. You have to thrive on creativity, teamwork and the ability to work on complex solutions. The sales and implementation cycles are often long and despite amazing success, projects are always at risk with client management changes.

Keep it up!