There are newer employer reviews for BJ Services

Just another Day

Current Employee - Design Drafter in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Design Drafter in Houston, TX

I have been working at BJ Services

Pros

The Engineers are laid back and great to work with.
Im not micro managed like other places
The place is laid back and quite to work at

Cons

Some Engineers/Managers are pushy with there work and want there's before anyone elses.
When you ask for something like time off or other they act like you never busted your butt for them.
Those few people don't really show a true apriciation for you.
A few send you to others cus they dont want the reposibility.
Some people are lazy and management doesn't do anything, then you get stuck with there work sometimes.

Take care of your employees and don't take them for granted, because other wise your works going to sit in the pile.

reviews filtered by
  1. Great job

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at BJ Services

Pros

Great place to work overall. Very flexible when it comes to time off for family. Excellent pay and benefits. Perform well and bonuses can be very rewarding. Very safety conscientious.

Cons

A lot of opportunities for advancement but rules for advancement do not apply to everyone. I did the job of an employee several pay grades above me for a year after he quit with out the pay increase or title. I was required to do extensive training classes for the promotion. Same scenario with another employee happened and he was promoted with less experience and less training.

Understaffed

I think job positions for efficiency experts would benefit the company. I see a lot of inefficient job practices that seem to cut into the bottom line.

2. It was good while it lasted...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tomball, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tomball, TX

I have been working at BJ Services

Pros

Great people to work with. Middle management are also good "Real" people and are not just in it for the money. Good benefits, easy going attitude with minimal micromanagement.

Cons

They are too into saving a buck. It doesn't make sense to save a dollar if doing so cost you productivity time. It is too bad JW Stewart decided to go for the big bucks and sell to Baker Hughes. BJ was on a roll.

I can only hope that the new owners will learn from the experience that BJ employees have.

There are newer employer reviews for BJ Services