There are newer employer reviews for BJ's Restaurants

I have had fun, made good money, and learned.

Current Employee - Server in Columbus, OH
Current Employee - Server in Columbus, OH

I have been working at BJ's Restaurants

Pros

The pay, the excellent concept of the restaurant itself and management.

Cons

The corporate atmosphere that can detract from it being more of a personal atmosphere as a team member and guest.

Listen to your trust-worthy team members, and do not nit-pick unnecessary things when overall performance is exceptional.

reviews filtered by
  1. Good serving job, management not so great

Current Employee - Server in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Server in Tampa, FL

I have been working at BJ's Restaurants

Pros

BJ's is a completely debt free company so job security is high. Produce hand crafted beers which allure many so many people come to try them. benefits are so so but available.

Cons

Each restaurant is corporate owned and operated making changes at one location changes for the rest despite regionally differences.

2. "Gold Standard"...if it's convenient...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stockton, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stockton, CA

I have been working at BJ's Restaurants

Pros

Flexible hours, AWESOME scheduling system (seriously hotschedules is the best way for servers to be scheduled), the money is decent enough, and it's not hard to pick up extra shifts. Most of all is the company has heart, they give back to their employees in times of need

Cons

Management rarely backs you up. Our GM is pretty cool now but our last one was only concerned about doing things the "gold standard" way when there was a district visit. Not a lot of consistency when it comes to management.

Take a good hard look at the company policies and remember that your employees are people, not robots, and if you treat them with respect and integrity you'll get the same right back.

There are newer employer reviews for BJ's Restaurants