Server

Current Employee - Server in Chandler, AZ
Current Employee - Server in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at BJ's Restaurants full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great staff, Great management, fun atmosphere, easy job, room to move around company, management cares about their employees

Cons

Some minor issues with management, does not always ensure enough hours, some coworker drama, uniforms are awful

Other Employee Reviews for BJ's Restaurants

1. Never have I worked for such a unorganized, unprofessional company and their management.

Current Employee - Server in Mesquite, TX
    Current Employee - Server in Mesquite, TX

I have been working at BJ's Restaurants full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Originally, when I started I loved all of the staff and I genuinely felt like we were a family. It was so awesome to go to work and just have a good time, not your typical "dramatic restaurant" atmosphere. Our sales were high, as well as tips!

Cons

Randomly one day I came in for a shift and I was told out GM was gone and our new one will be here in a month. No one knew that this was his first store he had managed. A month later we had all new management, excluding out AGM who has been there for a very long time. Along with this came the most stressful, unhappy, work environment I have ever been in, and the reason I believe that it is all so frustrating is that it could completely be avoided,

Advice to Management

I honestly can say I have never been more disappointed with any management. There is not one employee that knows 100% what is expected of them because, the rules change and are applied only to certain people at certain times. I also don't think I have ever felt as disrespected by a manager as I have working here.

2. Good Serving Job

Former Employee - Server in Temecula, CA
    Former Employee - Server in Temecula, CA

I worked at BJ's Restaurants full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Nights were always busy.Work hard then you usually made money.

Cons

Managent needs some work. Felt like we were always short a manager.

Advice to Management

Follow through with what your promise. For example promotions and company appreciation party.