BJ's Restaurants

www.bjsrestaurants.com
  www.bjsrestaurants.com
There are newer employer reviews for BJ's Restaurants

It was good restaurant experience, but it was a high stress environment.

Former Employee - Server in Sacramento, CA
Former Employee - Server in Sacramento, CA

I worked at BJ's Restaurants part-time (less than an year)

Pros

-Good tips
-You get to work with a lot of different people

Cons

-Bad manager
-Stressful environment, fast paced, understaffed at times

Be positive and encouraging.

218 Other Employee Reviews for BJ's Restaurants (View Most Recent)

Never have I worked for such a unorganized, unprofessional company and their management.

Current Employee - Server in Mesquite, TX
    Current Employee - Server in Mesquite, TX

I have been working at BJ's Restaurants full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Originally, when I started I loved all of the staff and I genuinely felt like we were a family. It was so awesome to go to work and just have a good time, not your typical "dramatic restaurant" atmosphere.
    Our sales were high, as well as tips!

Cons

Randomly one day I came in for a shift and I was told out GM was gone and our new one will be here in a month. No one knew that this was his first store he had managed. A month later we had all new management, excluding out AGM who has been there for a very long time.
    Along with this came the most stressful, unhappy, work environment I have ever been in, and the reason I believe that it is all so frustrating is that it could completely be avoided,

I honestly can say I have never been more disappointed with any management. There is not one employee that knows 100% what is expected of them because, the rules change and are applied only to certain people at certain times. I also don't think I have ever felt as disrespected by a manager as I have working here.

Upper management dont have your back

Former Employee - Bar Manager in Sugar Land, TX
    Former Employee - Bar Manager in Sugar Land, TX

I worked at BJ's Restaurants full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It was a very fun place to work mainly during football season do to all the tv are inside. over 10 different games playing at one time.

Cons

If you were not liked by your GM you will not get any training or advanvancement. You will get all of the worst shifts to work and you would always be short staff and out of glasses, silverware on weekends when you are very busy. We would always run out of product on the night shift, and the GM and EKM who make all of the orders would be at home while you are dealing with upset customers because we dont have what they order. When you would called them at home they would not answer their phones. The GM at the sugarland location was more concerned with selling real estate. When you would bring it to the area mgr attention he would get upset with you and ask what are you doing to change the out of product situation.

Please listen to the management team when they bring concerns to you all attention!

There are newer employer reviews for BJ's Restaurants