There are newer employer reviews for BJ's Restaurants

Working here does not pay your bills!

Former Employee - Server in Orlando, FL
Former Employee - Server in Orlando, FL

I worked at BJ's Restaurants part-time (less than a year)

Pros

The only unique thing about this is restaurant is that they brew their own beers, ciders, and root beer. As far as food, they do make great pizza.

Cons

The kitchen is very small and not organized! There are so many items on the menu that the kitchen gets weeded on a daily basis. Ticket times are very long and mistakes are abundant. The manager cuts the floor so quickly that most of the time you go to work, you are cut after 2 tables.

Try practicing fairness on a daily basis. Instead of scheduling the same employees for the closing stations or the bar tops, rotate sections to all employees. Also, don't cut the floor as soon as others walk in the front door, since it does not even pay for the gas to get to work. Add a tip out system so it is calculated on your cash out and not handed out to each bus boy, bartender, and food runner. This creates favorites and ones drinks or food is not priority unless you "pay' extra money to each support staff!

reviews filtered by
  1. It was good restaurant experience, but it was a high stress environment.

Former Employee - Server in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Server in Sacramento, CA

I worked at BJ's Restaurants part-time (less than a year)

Pros

-Good tips
    -You get to work with a lot of different people

Cons

-Bad manager
    -Stressful environment, fast paced, understaffed at times

Be positive and encouraging.

2. Never have I worked for such a unorganized, unprofessional company and their management.

Current Employee - Server in Mesquite, TX
    Current Employee - Server in Mesquite, TX

I have been working at BJ's Restaurants full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Originally, when I started I loved all of the staff and I genuinely felt like we were a family. It was so awesome to go to work and just have a good time, not your typical "dramatic restaurant" atmosphere.
    Our sales were high, as well as tips!

Cons

Randomly one day I came in for a shift and I was told out GM was gone and our new one will be here in a month. No one knew that this was his first store he had managed. A month later we had all new management, excluding out AGM who has been there for a very long time.
    Along with this came the most stressful, unhappy, work environment I have ever been in, and the reason I believe that it is all so frustrating is that it could completely be avoided,

I honestly can say I have never been more disappointed with any management. There is not one employee that knows 100% what is expected of them because, the rules change and are applied only to certain people at certain times. I also don't think I have ever felt as disrespected by a manager as I have working here.

There are newer employer reviews for BJ's Restaurants