BJ's Restaurants

There are newer employer reviews for BJ's Restaurants

Best waiting tables job

Current Employee - Cocktail Server/Bartender in Allen, TX
Current Employee - Cocktail Server/Bartender in Allen, TX

I have been working at BJ's Restaurants full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Easy script to remember at tables and lots of potential to make money. We make more money than any of the orher servers in the area and almost all of the management I've met have been fun to work for. This company appreciates hard work.

Cons

Secret shoppers.
Vacation pay sucks.
Bartendersonly make 2.13/hr in Texas.

218 Other Employee Reviews for BJ's Restaurants (View Most Recent)

Great management

I worked at BJ's Restaurants part-time (more than an year)

Pros

We had three managers at this BJ's locations who were inviting, warm, helpful and demonstrated all the companies expectations. The kitchen managers and employess were also great and hardworking. Everyone pitches into helping each other in order for it to be a successful and rewarding experience. I learned a great deal in customer service and efficient hospitility skills. There is a lot of money to make in this company, if you follow the outline set for all employees. In addition, you received half off of food and benefits are offered once transitioning to fulltime. The entire restaurant also had loads of fun after hours! I had trouble with harassment from one employee that was addressed quickly, efficiently, and professionally by the GM. Work.Life Balance was great. This job will suffice for single parents, students, or a person who already has a fulltime job. Cultures and values are conscise and effective in servicing guests. Company that truly applies what they set as expectations.

Cons

This was my first restuarant experience and was unaware of the amount of unstable people that work in this business. Apparently drug and alcohol use is a common practice for servers, and according to servers I worked with that were older and more experienced, BJ's had thus far been the most sober place they had worked in as far as employees and their habits. Our location was also built in a low income area so the money was good but not as good as the locations in surrounding metroplex. I wanted to transfer out, but could not due to college schedule so left due to that conflict. Career opportunities are not available unless u have given years of service or have Bachelors degree and even then its extremely difficult to advance.

Pay more attention to employees who seem to have drug or alcohol use, address it, and get rid of them! It causes so much conflict with fellow coworkers and affects the morale and efficiency of serving guests.

Great experience

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lewisville, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lewisville, TX

I worked at BJ's Restaurants part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Positive attitudes of the management
    Incentives for reaching goals

Cons

None that come to mind

There are newer employer reviews for BJ's Restaurants