BJ's Restaurants
www.bjsrestaurants.com Huntington Beach, CA 5000+ Employees

Management is very unprofessional.

Busser (Current Employee)
San Mateo, CA

ProsThe only reason I would work at bj's is for the tips. The tips at this specific restaurant were very good at times. Easy cause as a busser you don't have to deal with customers as much.

ConsThe cons were many the management is horrible, they are unapproachable when they are stressed out. They know they're going to have to deal with customers that are angry so why did they become a manager if they can't handle the pressure. I left because we were always short staffed and they kept giving me more duties as if I got paid more or was a supervisor and blamed me for mistakes of my fellow co-workers they were not in a higher or lower position than me.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvice to the CEO is to change management before everyone quits. I was on the verge of starting a strike with fellow co-workers we as restaurant employees don't get paid enough to be putting up with angry customers, managers that are cussing you out, managers that make you do things not in job description such as being an electrician and plumber.

server

I have been working at BJ's Restaurants

Pros: good job to learn to become a quick server Cons: organization is awful on weekends Advice to Senior Management: plan better for the busy nights More

Horrible Management.

Server (Current Employee)
    Hillsboro, OR

I have been working at BJ's Restaurants part-time for less than a year

Pros: The tips can be good when the kitchen doesn't take… Cons: Where do I start? The managers talk down to the staff, they are unapproachable and are impossible to find when… Advice to Senior Management: I have no problem with the company itself, but this location's management is the problem! Run some food, bus a table, just be there to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on BJ's Restaurants.

Worked for BJ's Restaurants? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BJ's Restaurants reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for BJ's Restaurants CEO Greg Trojan. All reviews posted anonymously by BJ's Restaurants employees.