BJ's Restaurants

www.bjsrestaurants.com

Management is very unprofessional.

Current Employee - Busser  in  San Mateo, CA
Current Employee - Busser in San Mateo, CA

Pros

The only reason I would work at bj's is for the tips. The tips at this specific restaurant were very good at times. Easy cause as a busser you don't have to deal with customers as much.

Cons

The cons were many the management is horrible, they are unapproachable when they are stressed out. They know they're going to have to deal with customers that are angry so why did they become a manager if they can't handle the pressure. I left because we were always short staffed and they kept giving me more duties as if I got paid more or was a supervisor and blamed me for mistakes of my fellow co-workers they were not in a higher or lower position than me.

Advice to the CEO is to change management before everyone quits. I was on the verge of starting a strike with fellow co-workers we as restaurant employees don't get paid enough to be putting up with angry customers, managers that are cussing you out, managers that make you do things not in job description such as being an electrician and plumber.