BJ's Restaurants
www.bjsrestaurants.com Huntington Beach, CA 5000+ Employees

BJ's Restaurants, a great place to begin or refine your restaurant experience.

Server (Former Employee)
Fresno, CA

I worked at BJ's Restaurants

ProsA great work environment where extroverts thrive. I myself am a very outgoing person with good attention skills, and being able to work at a restaurant that utilizes it was great. The food was great, and typical customers were nice. If you are looking at getting into the restaurant industry, this is a great place to start, with good training and decent advancement opportunities.

ConsLike any restaurant, you take the blunt end of any mistakes, even if they happen in the kitchen. This is typical of any restaurant though, as the server is responsible for the customer. Management was great about taking care of the mistakes, whether it be late or incorrect food. Also, getting time off sometimes depended on someone else covering your shift, which meant you could be stuck working on a day you requested off.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue doing what you do! You are a big reason why the company is growing, and supporting your employees and making them happy helps them share that feeling with the customers.

Great place to work and eat

Server (Former Employee)

I worked at BJ's Restaurants full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Great food and atmosphere. Its a busy place so time… Cons: Such a busy place it's hard to connect with each… Advice to Senior Management: Focus on the things tha impact the customer experience. Managers should be walking he… More

Interpersonal Skills Need Improvement

I have been working at BJ's Restaurants

Pros: Great opportunities to expand beyond the company and meet people… Cons: Work environment changes throughout the day(i.e. during lunch it may be slow and then… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on BJ's Restaurants.

Worked for BJ's Restaurants? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BJ's Restaurants reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for BJ's Restaurants CEO Greg Trojan. All reviews posted anonymously by BJ's Restaurants employees.