There are newer employer reviews for BJ's Restaurants

It's been open for two months and I've worked there since the beginning.

Current Employee - Server  in  Orange, CA
Current Employee - Server in Orange, CA

I have been working at BJ's Restaurants part-time for less than a year

Pros

The staff's friendly and the managers are nice. They also have really good food.

Cons

The tips average 10% no matter what you do, sometimes worse than that to nothing at all. The cutting and breaking is terrible and chaotic, the managers get stressed too easily, the kitchen is really slow, and it just doesn't seem like anyone knows what they're doing and we, the servers, get blamed and tipped badly for it, and we're already getting bad tips because half the customers don't understand a good tip from a bad one. I feel like a robot and the guests probably think so too with our introduction and "steps of service"

194 Other Employee Reviews for BJ's Restaurants (View Most Recent)

Overall an okay company

Current Employee - Server  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Server in San Diego, CA

I have been working at BJ's Restaurants part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pros are closing shifts as a server leave you walking with good money

Cons

BJ's has secret shops but in order to score a 100% score the entire experience is scripted and very unnatural. Because you never know who is a secret shopper you must say this entire script for every single table and this often results in awkward communication, irritated customers, etc. The idea to monitor the employees at their jobs is good but it should be executed another way. Also there are multiple things the hosts and servers need to sell on so the customer feels like people are being redundant and pushy.

Chill with all the points the employees need to hit on secret shops. Selling rewards cards, seasonal beer/other beverage, appetizer, and asking for their selections in initial greet is a lot. Let the server feel out if the guests need all these at once instead of having them give a no, no, no, no, then feel irritated and annoyed.

I'm a waitress at BJ's. I enjoy it a lot and the tips are worth the stress.

Current Employee - Waitress  in  Albuquerque, NM
    Current Employee - Waitress in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at BJ's Restaurants part-time for less than a year

Pros

The employees are easy to get along with. The money is good for the amount of work you do.

Cons

Food will sometimes come out wrong or not in a timely matter which upsets your customers.
    It's a very fast pace and demanding job. You will l feel very stressed out during a busy night/day.

Make sure your employees aren't too stressed out or over worked, this will only burn them out.

There are newer employer reviews for BJ's Restaurants

Worked for BJ's Restaurants? Contribute to the Community!