There are newer employer reviews for BJ's Restaurants

Dreadful

Former Employee - Server  in  Round Rock, TX
Former Employee - Server in Round Rock, TX

I worked at BJ's Restaurants full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nothing really. Good promotions sometimes but you are up against everyone in your state.

Cons

Horrible clientele, horrible management, horrible flexibility, horrible training

Please work on everything

200 Other Employee Reviews for BJ's Restaurants (View Most Recent)

Research the specific location before applying.

I worked at BJ's Restaurants

Pros

I worked as a regional trainer at 3 different BJ's locations and it ALL has to do with which branch you're at. Great fast pace work environment with interesting co workers everytime. If you're a server it's short shifts with good money.

Cons

Not so organized. Keep in mind, this only applies to one of the three locations I worked at. before you apply, go in and ask the employees their honest opinion. If not you could be getting yourself into a work environment that you weren't expecting.

Keep everything organized. The moment it falls apart your team loses efficiency and overall revenue goes down.

Cares about making money, doesn't care if you make money.

Current Employee - Bartender
    Current Employee - Bartender

I have been working at BJ's Restaurants part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The company has kept a strong customer base through the recession. Many of your fellow team members will be nice to work with.

Cons

There is constant micro managing, corporation "one for all and all for none" some policies or procedures do not make logical sense in every restaurant but they are mandatory blanket changes for all restaurants. The company has no program for progressing current employees, they want to string you along forever. There is no way to increase your base pay. The company values profits over everything!

Your employees also bring in business, I would recommend remembering that they are people too and need money to live off of just like you do. Happy employees make a more productive and pleasant work environment, this means your guest with want to come back.

There are newer employer reviews for BJ's Restaurants

Worked for BJ's Restaurants? Contribute to the Community!