There are newer employer reviews for BJ's Restaurants

Good restaurant experience for someone who has none. Easy to learn and work your way up. Managers are pretty nice.

Former Employee - Hostess in Phoenix, AZ
Former Employee - Hostess in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at BJ's Restaurants part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Staff is easy going and friendly and pretty laid back. Potential to make good money if you put in the effort.

Cons

Some of the servers are cranky and get mad if they are either too busy or not busy enough. Hard to please every single person. Can't really trust anyone.

Management was great.

204 Other Employee Reviews for BJ's Restaurants (View Most Recent)

Great Place to Work

Former Employee - Server in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Server in Columbus, OH

I worked at BJ's Restaurants part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible scheduling- you can pick up and drop shifts on line. Great money, friendly staff, great food and processes. They are always busy.

Cons

Big menu to memorize, long training period where you don't make tips.

Keep up the good work.

I have been working at BJ's Restaurants full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They'll hire just about anyone. they seem to have a huge turn over rate with employees who have been with the company or store for less than 10 years. I cant speak for everyone else experience, but mine was nothing but negative. I rarely have a negative thing nor would i ever broadcast it publicly unless it was too important not to. So as long as your ok with having to be hazed for a $9 hour position then go for it.

Your job is simple, take an order deliver drink, deliver check then do it agian.

Cons

you will be expected to suggest to guest to use there phone next time to place there order and pay. this will make the guest feel unwelcome and most will be be offened about you telling them not bother you next time and just order from there darn phone themselves next time, so don't expect a tip.
    But suggesting mobile ordering and mobile pay is a requirement. So ultimately you will be advocating that a mobile phone take your guests orders and collects payment, which are 2 out of the 3 only tasks you are responsible for doing. So ultimately your just an advocate to promoting yourself out of a job. Why pay you to do a job that a mobile device can do for free.
    Droid and iPhones cant collect unemployment, or workman's comp. Why would they need you now, because they got a computer to do your work for you faster and for free.
    I'm just saying. the company prides themselves of making a connection with the guest, but this is the opposite of what there really trying to do in the long run.

Thinking that being called a B-word is not a compliment, so stop telling us how much of a compliment you think it is and how bad you like being known as one. I refuse to let you feel good about yourself everytime you are unnecessary unkind to us employees below your position. BTW you are so not welcom, so dont bother saying thank you.

There are newer employer reviews for BJ's Restaurants