There are newer employer reviews for BJ's Restaurants

Good restaurant experience for someone who has none. Easy to learn and work your way up. Managers are pretty nice.

Former Employee - Hostess in Phoenix, AZ
Former Employee - Hostess in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at BJ's Restaurants part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Staff is easy going and friendly and pretty laid back. Potential to make good money if you put in the effort.

Cons

Some of the servers are cranky and get mad if they are either too busy or not busy enough. Hard to please every single person. Can't really trust anyone.

Management was great.

reviews filtered by

It's a decent job

Current Employee - Host in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Host in Orlando, FL

I have been working at BJ's Restaurants part-time (less than a year)

Pros

If you want to work your way up to serving this is a good place to start. Try starting as a food runner or take out, but host if you have to.

Cons

Very cutthroat. Hours are not guaranteed (especially for hosts) if business is slow we get cut early.

They have a helpful training workbook but the hosts who trained me didn't really help at all.

2. It has it's moments.

Current Employee - Server in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Server in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at BJ's Restaurants part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great money for the hours as a server. I've been there 4 years. Cooks work extra hard because of the high volume but they can advance and get raises with every section of the line they learn. It's a very busy place. My store only promotes from within but it's easy to advance if you work hard. My GM is very "by the book" and runs a tight ship. The other managers are nice and helpful and really care about the Guest's experience as well as ours.

Cons

It's VERY high volume. Be prepared to sweat. It's hard, physical work and you are dealing with the public. You have to be nice so this isn't for everybody. The server's hourly wage in most states is LAME!

Thanks for doing away with the Secret Shoppers!!

There are newer employer reviews for BJ's Restaurants