BJ's Wholesale Club
www.bjs.com Westborough, MA 5000+ Employees

Great place to work, at least at my location!!!

Membership Services Representative (Current Employee)
Riverhead, NY

ProsBirthday pay, time-and-a-half, double-time, free membership for employee and 4 other people, flexible scheduling, accommodating, great coworkers (mostly), decent health benefits for full-time employees, holiday pay, management appreciative of employees, annual Christmas party (can't wait) with gifts for employees and our children, STAR Reward program where employees receive a certificate of excellence and $300 gift certificate reward, tuition assistance/reimbursement, 7-minute leeway for punch clock (scheduled to be in at 11, punch in at 11:07 and still be paid from 11:00), room for advancement either within the same club (if position is available) or transferable to another club, etc!

ConsSome of the customers can be extremely rude, trial memberships are offered too often, bringing in more undesirable, dishonest members.
More accommodating to new members as opposed to members that have been shopping at BJ's for 15 years under the same membership number.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrial offers should be cut back to once a year, and more money saving options should be available to renewing annual members, rewarding them for their loyalty. Keeping our current members happy would entice new members to stick with one membership longer. As for advice in improving club performance at team member/management level- I'm not sure I have any advice because I have nothing negative to say towards management! If you do the job your hired for (or payed to do) to the best of your ability-- they treat you the way you deserve to be treated! Simple as that! Some employees don't seem to understand that each shift, early/opening, mid and closing/late, consists of a TEAM of people, and if someone doesn't show up or contribute then it effects the TEAM as a whole!

very poor management and training

Asset Protection Days (Current Employee)
    Cumming, GA

I have been working at BJ's Wholesale Club full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: benefits days off and vacation Cons: poor management training and non experienced mgt. Advice to Senior Management: better training treat like a wholesale club not a retail place… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Part-time is best

Food Demonstrator (Former Employee)
    Revere, MA

I worked at BJ's Wholesale Club part-time for less than a year

Pros: Part time shifts are great. I really loved working there on the weekends, it was an active position and helping the members were great.… Cons: Supervisors and Managers are not properly trained to manage associates, some can be bullies. I witnessed a general manager berate entire team on the floor… Advice to Senior Management: Cutting down on the associates shifts to make it look like your operating costs are low, really hurt the members experience. … No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on BJ's Wholesale Club.

Worked for BJ's Wholesale Club? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BJ's Wholesale Club reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for BJ's Wholesale Club CEO Laura J. Sen. All reviews posted anonymously by BJ's Wholesale Club employees.