BJC HealthCare
www.bjc.org Saint Louis, MO 5000+ Employees

Hindsight...wish I had been more inquisitive in my quest for employment.

Registered Nurse (Current Employee)

I have been working at BJC HealthCare

ProsWide variety of facilities and areas to work in as an RN. Overall as a company, they seem to genuinely care about their employee's well being. Benefits and salary appear to be competitive, especially for RN's relatively new to the profession.

ConsInconsistancies in training/orientation; the experience can vary dramatically from individual to individual. Higher nurse to patient ratios than those the facility advertises to potential RN employees both increases RN stress level and decreases RN job satisfaction- both will eventually adversely affect patient care. Nurse against nurse violence is also a bit of a problem, depending on where you work.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployees will work much harder if the facilities for which they work try harder to keep their promises to employees. Additionally, policies should be uniformly applied to everyone; the sporadic enforcement of various policies and standards, almost on a whim, is both demoralizing and confusing to staff.

Don't Walk, Run Away, Far Far Away!

I have been working at BJC HealthCare

Pros: • Reliable paycheck • Available Parking • Benefits OK (Not as great as… Cons: • Recruiter misled in interview process as to future office upkeep - promised would have full control of office and staff similar to independent facility… Advice to Senior Management: They don't accept advice. Every time suggestions are given, they are… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

I enjoyed working with BJC and learned a lot.

Intern (Former Employee)

I worked at BJC HealthCare

Pros: BJC has strong leadership with positive office culture. It has… Cons: Workload is heavy and at times difficult to meet deadlines. Salary… Advice to Senior Management: The leadership of my department was great and very positive on the professional… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on BJC HealthCare.

Worked for BJC HealthCare? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BJC HealthCare reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for BJC HealthCare CEO Steven H. Lipstein. All reviews posted anonymously by BJC HealthCare employees.