BJC HealthCare

www.bjc.org
  www.bjc.org
There are newer employer reviews for BJC HealthCare

Hindsight...wish I had been more inquisitive in my quest for employment.

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Saint Louis, MO
Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at BJC HealthCare

Pros

Wide variety of facilities and areas to work in as an RN. Overall as a company, they seem to genuinely care about their employee's well being. Benefits and salary appear to be competitive, especially for RN's relatively new to the profession.

Cons

Inconsistancies in training/orientation; the experience can vary dramatically from individual to individual. Higher nurse to patient ratios than those the facility advertises to potential RN employees both increases RN stress level and decreases RN job satisfaction- both will eventually adversely affect patient care. Nurse against nurse violence is also a bit of a problem, depending on where you work.

Employees will work much harder if the facilities for which they work try harder to keep their promises to employees. Additionally, policies should be uniformly applied to everyone; the sporadic enforcement of various policies and standards, almost on a whim, is both demoralizing and confusing to staff.

110 Other Employee Reviews for BJC HealthCare (View Most Recent)

I feel like the cart is leading the horse.

Current Employee - Customer Support Technician in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Customer Support Technician in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at BJC HealthCare

Pros

Pretty good pension. Stable company.

Cons

Poor pay and poor raises. Job descriptions are written to include everything and the kitchen sink. Management lives to beat down employees. Supervisors and managers want you to be seen and not heard. Some how, management always finds a way to blame employees for things that managers are responsible for. To many chiefs.

Get rid of half of the management staff and make the managers you have do a good job.

I enjoyed working with BJC and learned a lot.

Former Employee - Intern in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Intern in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at BJC HealthCare

Pros

BJC has strong leadership with positive office culture. It has great infrastructure with opportunities for learning and advancement in career.

Cons

Workload is heavy and at times difficult to meet deadlines. Salary is not that great but it is compensated by other benefits.

The leadership of my department was great and very positive on the professional and personal growth of their employees. I had a great time at BJC.

There are newer employer reviews for BJC HealthCare