BJC HealthCare

www.bjc.org
  www.bjc.org
There are newer employer reviews for BJC HealthCare

Don't Walk, Run Away, Far Far Away!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at BJC HealthCare

Pros

• Reliable paycheck
• Available Parking
• Benefits OK (Not as great as one would expect from a HealthCare organization - see cons)

Cons

• Recruiter misled in interview process as to future office upkeep - promised would have full control of office and staff similar to independent facility which has not happened
• Impossible to terminate bad-performing staff
• Good-performing staff difficult to keep due to low salaries and inability to terminate other staff
• Management is made up of a revolving door of ill-trained people.
• EMR is slow, clunky, unattractive and infrequently updated
• Benefits are not as good as my spouse who works outside of healthcare

They don't accept advice. Every time suggestions are given, they are ignored.
Competent and honost leadership go a long way. Try it.

112 Other Employee Reviews for BJC HealthCare (View Most Recent)

Hindsight...wish I had been more inquisitive in my quest for employment.

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at BJC HealthCare

Pros

Wide variety of facilities and areas to work in as an RN. Overall as a company, they seem to genuinely care about their employee's well being. Benefits and salary appear to be competitive, especially for RN's relatively new to the profession.

Cons

Inconsistancies in training/orientation; the experience can vary dramatically from individual to individual. Higher nurse to patient ratios than those the facility advertises to potential RN employees both increases RN stress level and decreases RN job satisfaction- both will eventually adversely affect patient care. Nurse against nurse violence is also a bit of a problem, depending on where you work.

Employees will work much harder if the facilities for which they work try harder to keep their promises to employees. Additionally, policies should be uniformly applied to everyone; the sporadic enforcement of various policies and standards, almost on a whim, is both demoralizing and confusing to staff.

I enjoyed working with BJC and learned a lot.

Former Employee - Intern in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Intern in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at BJC HealthCare

Pros

BJC has strong leadership with positive office culture. It has great infrastructure with opportunities for learning and advancement in career.

Cons

Workload is heavy and at times difficult to meet deadlines. Salary is not that great but it is compensated by other benefits.

The leadership of my department was great and very positive on the professional and personal growth of their employees. I had a great time at BJC.

There are newer employer reviews for BJC HealthCare