BMC Software

none

Current Employee - Senior Revenue Recognition Accountant  in  Houston, TX
Current Employee - Senior Revenue Recognition Accountant in Houston, TX

I have been working at BMC Software full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

very very nice campus, flexible work schedule

Cons

not a very good work life balance

Other Reviews for BMC Software

Its above average

Current Employee - Product Developer  in  San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Product Developer in San Jose, CA

I have been working at BMC Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good place for experienced people to join and retire. Not much innovation and career scope.
    work life balance is good.. not that much hectic work.

Cons

Nothing specific but you need to let your employees grow with the organisation. HR is not that great helpful with employees. Not much innovation and career scope. Use 30 years old technology and stuck with it.

Among the best of the best

Current Employee - Senior Software Consultant  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Software Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at BMC Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

From the day I started, I was extremely impressed with the caliber of individual contributors as well as the leadership at BMC. I was also impressed with the rigor associated with the hiring process and I suppose this is a major contributing factor to my first comment.

Cons

As with any sales organization the pressure to perform can be intense - be ready to be your best and always be looking for ways to improve. This means starting with the first day of interviews and continuing throughout your career. BMC can be a tough company to get into but the rigor of the hiring process becomes immediately evident when you start working with this great team.

Focus on product marketing and alignment. You've grown through acquisition and your strengths have come from your ability to swiftly assimilate the various products and corporate cultures of the on-boarding companies. As we continue to grow, it is critically important that we maintain this agility but also be consistent with product naming and enforce this through the ranks. Speaking as a former IT professional on the buy side, customers want uniformity and congruity across product offerings, especially considering our primary target customer base: large enterprise, multiple product value-based solutions.

There are newer employer reviews for BMC Software.

Worked for BMC Software? Contribute to the Community!