BMC Software
www.bmc.com Houston, TX 5000+ Employees

Always looking over your shoulder after quarterly reports for the layoff guillotine

Senior Software Developer (Former Employee)
San Jose, CA

I worked at BMC Software full-time for more than 5 years

ProsMany long term employees are knowledgeable, technically adept.
Mainframe infrastructure kept up well.
Good benefits, good salaries, decent bonus program.
Beauchamp has a good handle on the future of the industry and makes strategic acquisitions of normally best in breed companies.

ConsI can't stress this more: lives and dies by the quarterly statement; layoffs are the quick fix, with no respect to importance. I left even with a guarantee of not being laid off before a certain time, because I knew that I would probably be gone after that.

If you're not in Houston, you are not part of the "in" group, and don't expect to be part of the inner circle.

People are retiring and not being replaced.

Beauchamp may be a good CEO for the shareholders, but he comes across as somewhat arrogant, even in his stock photo

Advice to Senior ManagementDump Beauchamp out of the dual CEO/Chairman role. Dual roles eventually lead to disaster as you're putting the company eggs in a single basket.

none

Senior Revenue Recognition Accountant (Current Employee)
Houston, TX

I have been working at BMC Software full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: very very nice campus, flexible work schedule Cons: not a very good work life balance No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Among the best of the best

Senior Software Consultant (Current Employee)
New York, NY

I have been working at BMC Software full-time for more than a year

Pros: From the day I started, I was extremely impressed with the caliber of individual contributors as well as the leadership at BMC. I… Cons: As with any sales organization the pressure to perform can be intense - be ready to be your best and always be looking for ways… Advice to Senior Management: Focus on product marketing and alignment. You've grown through acquisition and your strengths have come from your ability to swiftly assimilate the various products… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on BMC Software.

Worked for BMC Software? Contribute to the Community!

BMC Software – Why Work for Us?

Are you motivated and inspired by innovation? Are you ready to join a company that puts technology at the forefront of business transformation? If so, you’re the kind of person we’re looking for. Being an Innovation… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BMC Software reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for BMC Software CEO Bob Beauchamp. All reviews posted anonymously by BMC Software employees.