There are newer employer reviews for BMC Software

Was better earlier, but management changes wrecked it

Former Employee - Account Manager (Sales)  in  Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Account Manager (Sales) in Chicago, IL

I worked at BMC Software full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Pretty good company for most positions, except sales

Cons

Misleading sales comp plans...they really set it up so the average sales guy is about 60% of quota, but CEO makes his street number. Lots of sales turnover.

Let's your sales force make some money and align with your sales quota.... Lower the over assign quota and give your sales team some $$$ instead of a high margin that only benefits large stockholders

475 Other Employee Reviews for BMC Software (View Most Recent)

Extremely fast pace environment

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at BMC Software full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great compensation IF you worked extremely hard and suceed.

Cons

Account Managers are jack of all trade, master of none.

True external marketing programs is well overdue.

Meh

Current Employee - Employee  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at BMC Software full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Wide range of good quality software products. Some great upper executive management (VP and above). Pay and benefits are great compared to mean.

Cons

Middle and lower management are really poor (AVP and below). A lot of dead weight, even at the individual contributor level. No real enablement program to assist B-level talent to get to the next level. A LOT of talk about enablement programs, but it seldom goes anywhere. A few A-players carry 90% of the load. Non-Sales/Pre-Sales roles are really an afterthought. Concur with other posters that this company is full of bureaucracy and politics. It is common place for managers to take the credit for their employees' success, and throw their employees under the bus for poor decisions.

VP's and above, get more direct feedback from the ground-level. By and large, the behaviors of your AVP's and below are a laughing joke/point of frustration with your most important assets: the people they manage.

AVP's and below: Stop. Just stop. We are people with lives, not numbers or pawns in your game of life. Every lie and empty promise you feed us makes it harder to deal with the stress of the job and effects our abilities to do what we love and provide for our families.

There are newer employer reviews for BMC Software

Worked for BMC Software? Contribute to the Community!