There are newer employer reviews for BMC Software

Used to be a great company, but it is going downhill very fast.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

I have been working at BMC Software full-time

Pros

They pay pretty well, especially if you are a lateral hire and can negotiate your offer well. Work-life balance is better than average.

Cons

You need to leave independent thinking at home, else you are doomed - you either align or you get out! Losing market share rapidly, while the management fiddles, and continues to be smug. Used to have great ethical standards, but not any more. Leaders and their families enjoy at company expense.

Advice to Management

I think it is time for a change of guard at BMC.

Other Employee Reviews for BMC Software

Lead SQA Engineer

Former Employee - Lead SQA Engineer in Pune (India)
    Former Employee - Lead SQA Engineer in Pune (India)

I worked at BMC Software full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good Work life balance Good Remuneration Good Education programs (MBA / MS)

Cons

Politics , backbiting No direction to the company Company run like personal fiefdoms by Directors & Sr.Managers One big old Boys Club ... if your IN ... YOUR IN ... if you make noise ... YOUR OUT HR out of touch with the Employees. Priorities are based on which Director is the flavor of the month of which VP & which VP has recently sucked up to Bob B / Paul A.

Advice to Management

HR .. Talk to the Employees regularly .. not just during exit interviews. Senior Management ... fire all Directors , sr managers , Managers who have been around for more than 7 years .. they are procrastinating anyways. Employees ... find a better place to work .. trust me there are a whole lot of other place which are really good ..., where you wont have to kiss ass or be frustrated

This is a Sales First Company

Former Employee - Product Marketing Manager
    Former Employee - Product Marketing Manager

I worked at BMC Software full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I worked at BMC for over 15 years and was very well paid and had a great deal of freedom for the first 10 years or so....we were building a company. If you can sell or part of the old boys sales team you are golden.

Cons

A culture of cut throats. Even when doing well there always seems someone is out to get you... gossip and misinformation are quite common. Complete lack of loyalty ...what have you done for me today! I had a couple of mediocre years and got canned.

Advice to Management

Promotions are confounding. The manage up approach is almost sad.