There are newer employer reviews for BMC Software

Used to be a great company, but it is going downhill very fast.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

I have been working at BMC Software full-time

Pros

They pay pretty well, especially if you are a lateral hire and can negotiate your offer well.
Work-life balance is better than average.

Cons

You need to leave independent thinking at home, else you are doomed - you either align or you get out!
Losing market share rapidly, while the management fiddles, and continues to be smug.
Used to have great ethical standards, but not any more. Leaders and their families enjoy at company expense.

Advice to Management

I think it is time for a change of guard at BMC.

reviews filtered by

A company where an individual can really make a difference

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winnersh, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winnersh, England (UK)

I have been working at BMC Software full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Culture of respect, hard work, innovation, a huge pool of highly talented people, brilliant new UK HQ office in Winnersh.

Cons

Lots of change going on (but think that's the same everywhere), it's very much a self serve environment so you need to be curious and work things out for yourself (but others always happy to help if asked)

Advice to Management

More little conversations to keep linked into what the troops are feeling on the ground is always appreciated and insightful

2. Great company to work for...

Current Employee - Manager in Pune (India)
    Current Employee - Manager in Pune (India)

I have been working at BMC Software full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

BMC Software is one of the best employers in the region. When I talk to my friends, I can see big differences between the culture at BMC and other Pune based software companies. Whether its the facilities, friendly and approachable leaders, competent managers or super star techies - all of them are things that make me want to stay. Above all, we just went private - hooray :). I think that means that we will see investments in products, and specifically, our India centre should benefit from this :))))

Cons

There can be some additional focus on training and development. Also, cafeteria food can be better :). Parking in the facilities is an issue after 11 am.

Advice to Management

Doing a great job. Keep it up. Focus on better sales performance globally. I love the products and technologies I work on. Please keep investing in them... :)))

There are newer employer reviews for BMC Software