There are newer employer reviews for BMI (New York)

Relationships between staff and management should be evaluated!

I worked at BMI (New York)

Pros

Co-workers are friendly and generally nice to work with. Good Benefits. Upcoming move to new building. Unique job tasks and challenges existing within the company.

Cons

Very uptight environment and way too corporate for an entertainment company. Snobbish attitudes in upper management. No flexibility in working hours. Low morale and distrust of company among workers due to layoffs. Most workers feel their jobs are threatened. Current building environment and work stations are poor.

Leadership should seek more ways to ensure upper management that their departments are valuable to the company. Annual performance reviews, in addition to management evaluation of employees, should include employee evaluation of management.

22 Other Employee Reviews for BMI (New York) (View Most Recent)

Analyst

Current Employee - Business Operations Analyst  in  Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Business Operations Analyst in Nashville, TN

I have been working at BMI (New York) full-time

Pros

Always new task , never dull , managers are good and take up for you

Cons

low pay even and intermediate level.

Consider the amount of data processed verses the pay , the profit coming from the data processing out weighs most other sections within the company.

High hopes to start, unfortunately....

Current Employee - Licensing Executive  in  Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Licensing Executive in Nashville, TN

I have been working at BMI (New York) full-time for more than a year

Pros

Coworkers are great. Turnover is very high, so there's always someone new to meet.

Cons

Initially joined the sales department with the idea I'd be 'helping songwriters get their money.' I was also under the wrong impression that businesses would be aware of the licensing requirement. Cold calling businesses and demanding money for a product (music) they've been using for years for free is not an easy sell. There's a huge lack of education/awareness of the company that needs to be addressed. In the past year, new leadership has created numerous changes without actual consideration from the entire department. The attitude is very 'this is how things are going to work, and if you don't like it, then tough.' There's no room for negotiation on procedure. The sales staff is very underpaid for the amount of work that goes into selling licenses. I thought I would be able to transition to another department after working full time for 6 months. However, out of the 3 jobs I've applied for in various departments, outside candidates were selected

Compensation needs to be improved through salary, not just commission. Don't pretend to listen to your employees-actively listen to them and actually make use of important suggestions.

There are newer employer reviews for BMI (New York)

Worked for BMI (New York)? Contribute to the Community!