BMI (New York)
www.bmi.com New York, NY 500 to 999 Employees

It's a fine place to work...and by that, I mean it's just fine...

Audio Visual Music Analyst II (Current Employee)
Nashville, TN

I have been working at BMI (New York)

ProsMy coworkers are generally congenial, there is, on average, not that much tension in the office. My job is very low-stress, even when deadlines come around it's not a life-or-death situation. The hours are easy (only 37.5 per week for a full time employee), and we get 10 paid vacation days, 10 paid sick/personal days, and all major holidays off. Health, dental and vision benefits are great, and once a year the company does employee appreciation days where they plan games, food and adult beverages for everyone.

ConsThe company has several locations (New York, Los Angeles, Atlanta, etc)., but Nashville's headquarters are the most antiquated. There's nothing trendy about the building. In my department (TV/Film Operations) opportunity for professional advancement is very rare. Even after a promotion and 2 raises I am only making $27,000/year. The job is glorified data entry and extremely boring; there is no challenge to this job. The only way to move up is to transfer to a different department or for someone to retire. I don't learn any new skills at this job for use in managerial positions; instead, I learn more about proprietary software that no one else uses.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe atmosphere on the 3rd floor is very impersonal and austere; having more interaction among employees and better communication from management would be useful. Also, allowing us to attend training sessions and providing a variety of work types would increase our motivation and interest in the job.

Not really a "record industy" job.

General Licensing (Former Employee)
Nashville, TN

I worked at BMI (New York)

Pros: The people there are friendly and have a good group… Cons: Most of the positions there have little to do with the "Record industry". Everyone wants to be involved with Artist relations, but few get… Advice to Senior Management: If BMI were not "Not for Profit" it probably wouldnt… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Good for me. Not for others.

I have been working at BMI (New York) full-time

Pros: The overall company is stable. There are a lot of great people that work here. Most roles don't… Cons: Nobody is empowered. There is a lot of politics, more than the normal amount at companies. As a generalization, the executive leadership is weak. There's… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on BMI (New York).

Worked for BMI (New York)? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BMI (New York) reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for BMI (New York) CEO Del R. Bryant. All reviews posted anonymously by BMI (New York) employees.