BMO Financial Group

www.bmo.com
  www.bmo.com
There are newer employer reviews for BMO Financial Group

management overhaul required

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at BMO Financial Group

Pros

job security - there are ppl who can get away with taking lengthy leaves for whatever reason and not get fired

simply put, they simply won't fire you for anything that you do

Cons

-incompetent managers (ppl who have no business running the show somehow just became mgrs out of nowhere)
-inquality (ppl get promoted based seniority and who they know)
-sub-par compensation compared to the like of TD, RBC, HSBC, or smaller banks

-hire mgrs who are educated/seasoned and not just any random joe's with 15+ yrs of seniority
-clean out the "garbage" in the dept and reward the ones who are putting in hard work day in and day out

505 Other Employee Reviews for BMO Financial Group (View Most Recent)

Depends on the branch...

Current Employee - Customer Services Representative in Richmond, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Customer Services Representative in Richmond, BC (Canada)

I have been working at BMO Financial Group

Pros

At my branch, people are in general very nice and friendly. Office politics is low, which is great especally since I have heard some stories from other branches who are not as tight-knit.

Cons

Managers need to be better trained on how to motivate people - simply expecting you to do a good job will not be enough over the long run. Also, part-timers should be given opportunity to advance in the company - currently this is extremely difficult if not impossible for a part-time to be something other than greeter or CSR.

the training was very good, i learned a lot and i will use all those tools during my entire carreer

Former Employee - Customer Contact Agent in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Customer Contact Agent in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I worked at BMO Financial Group

Pros

-very good training if you want to work in the financial industry
    -very easy to move into another position you just need to reach your targets after 6 monts or 1 year depending on your manager too.

Cons

-too many people talking behind your back (i was very disapointed about that)

BMO teached me strong value how to earn the trust of a client and how to keep a loyal customer, do not take anything for granted, work very hard because it is a fast paced environement.
    i was not really happy about the salary because i was also giving myself more than 100% and comparing to other financial institution i can have more
    but it was a good experience for my carreer.

There are newer employer reviews for BMO Financial Group