Since the transition of M&I and BMO, I have had all positive experiences.

Current Employee - Credit Analyst  in  Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Credit Analyst in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at BMO Financial Group

Pros

BMO has a very sound background for their Commercial Banking teams. There is a reason why M&I failed and BMO came in to take over the company. I can definitely see BMO implementing some profitable ideas into the old M&I standards which will bring in new profitable business.

Cons

The only downside that I have experienced with BMO is the corporate structure, being so large, can make the recruiting and hiring process a lengthy one.

Keep your same conservative approach and backgrounds but trust the employees to go out and do their best to bring in new business.

Other Reviews for BMO Financial Group

Good opportunites in the future.

Current Employee - Business Intelligence Architect  in  Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Business Intelligence Architect in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at BMO Financial Group

Pros

Good work environment
    Good compensation packages (401k, pension, insurance, ect)
    Professional co-workers
    Ability to "move up"
    Lots of opportunity to provide value

Cons

Need more communication from Canada about the US
    Need direction from managment on the future of legacy M&I bank employees

Great company, big challenges

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at BMO Financial Group

Pros

BMO is committed to diversity, great customer experience, and fairness to employees. There is tremendous opportunity for advancement at more junior levels in both the US and Canada.

Cons

More and more decision making is being done in Toronto, leaving those in the US with little chance to impact the company. Decision making is frustratingly slow and prone to reversal if full concensus can't be obtained. Very little recognition of the competitive nature of the US market; BMO only sees the other Canadian banks as competitors, and those banks cooperate more than compete. Top US employees have limited career advancement opportunities unless they move to Toronto.

As BMO continues to expand in the US more decisions will need to be delegated to those who run that market. Canadian banking is not like US banking, and BMO must learn that lesson soon to succeed. Speed and conviction will be important to BMOs future. BMO can't please everyone and must make hard choices about what is most important- both internally and externally.

There are newer employer reviews for BMO Financial Group.

Worked for BMO Financial Group? Contribute to the Community!