BMO Financial Group
www.bmo.com Toronto, Canada 5000+ Employees

Bait, Switch.

Financial Planner, Investment & Retirement Planning (Former Employee)
Indianapolis, IN

I worked at BMO Financial Group full-time for more than a year

ProsThe branch level folks are great to work with, by and large.. but there is distinct silo-ing between bank and broker, thanks to the removal of incentives to refer.

ConsVery little seasoned support in the field so I work way too many hours. Back office is miserable to work with with few exceptions, as the good ones were tossed out in the merger. Salaries went away when BMO came to town. I have to pay out of pocket for managed money client account processing (MONTHLY!). $10 per client, per month. 100 clients... $12,000 out of my poicket per year... AND take my salary away? Really? See ya.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe straightforward. Don't sugar coat. Don't be so greedy. INVEST in your FA's... maybe some formal sales training to keep the talent growing in practice and compliant.

Changed for the worse

Personal Banker (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL

I have been working at BMO Financial Group full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: The health insurance is relatively inexpensive and vacation benefits are… Cons: Technology still not up to par, manager's know less than the employees, sales goals are… Advice to Senior Management: Step into the shoes of your employees and see how overwhelmed they are with all of your unrealistic… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great bank, too much going on with the merger

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)
Brookfield, WI

I have been working at BMO Financial Group full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great benefits, take care of their employees. Cons: Very sales oriented, doesn't have a great incentive program Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on BMO Financial Group.

Worked for BMO Financial Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BMO Financial Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for BMO Financial Group CEO Bill Downe . All reviews posted anonymously by BMO Financial Group employees.