BMO Financial Group

www.bmo.com

Bait, Switch.

Former Employee - Financial Planner, Investment & Retirement Planning  in  Indianapolis, IN
Former Employee - Financial Planner, Investment & Retirement Planning in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

The branch level folks are great to work with, by and large.. but there is distinct silo-ing between bank and broker, thanks to the removal of incentives to refer.

Cons

Very little seasoned support in the field so I work way too many hours. Back office is miserable to work with with few exceptions, as the good ones were tossed out in the merger. Salaries went away when BMO came to town. I have to pay out of pocket for managed money client account processing (MONTHLY!). $10 per client, per month. 100 clients... $12,000 out of my poicket per year... AND take my salary away? Really? See ya.

Be straightforward. Don't sugar coat. Don't be so greedy. INVEST in your FA's... maybe some formal sales training to keep the talent growing in practice and compliant.

Other reviews for BMO Financial Group

Changed for the worse

Current Employee - Personal Banker  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Personal Banker in Chicago, IL

Pros

The health insurance is relatively inexpensive and vacation benefits are pretty good, hours are convenient for the employees.

Cons

Technology still not up to par, manager's know less than the employees, sales goals are unrealistic and the products are changing for the worse and making it harder to recommend

Step into the shoes of your employees and see how overwhelmed they are with all of your unrealistic expectations and goals given the technology and products available. We are trying but we need more support!

Great bank, too much going on with the merger

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Brookfield, WI
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Brookfield, WI

Pros

Great benefits, take care of their employees.

Cons

Very sales oriented, doesn't have a great incentive program

There are newer employer reviews for BMO Financial Group.

Worked for BMO Financial Group? Contribute to the Community!