BMO Financial Group

There are newer employer reviews for BMO Financial Group

Great company!

Current Employee - Personal Banker in Brookfield, WI
Current Employee - Personal Banker in Brookfield, WI

I have been working at BMO Financial Group (less than a year)

Pros

Values you as an employee, competitive pay, fun working atmosphere, managers communicate well, great training

Cons

If you don't like call centers, don't work in a call center

561 Other Employee Reviews for BMO Financial Group (View Most Recent)

Good corporate culture

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at BMO Financial Group full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

They are very organized, well marketed and have a robust product offering. They understand what works and are willing to build on it

Cons

Audit and Legal rule the roost. They almost trip on themselves and getting anything done requires too much red tape.

Bait, Switch.

Former Employee - Financial Planner, Investment & Retirement Planning in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at BMO Financial Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The branch level folks are great to work with, by and large.. but there is distinct silo-ing between bank and broker, thanks to the removal of incentives to refer.

Cons

Very little seasoned support in the field so I work way too many hours. Back office is miserable to work with with few exceptions, as the good ones were tossed out in the merger. Salaries went away when BMO came to town. I have to pay out of pocket for managed money client account processing (MONTHLY!). $10 per client, per month. 100 clients... $12,000 out of my poicket per year... AND take my salary away? Really? See ya.

Be straightforward. Don't sugar coat. Don't be so greedy. INVEST in your FA's... maybe some formal sales training to keep the talent growing in practice and compliant.

There are newer employer reviews for BMO Financial Group