There are newer employer reviews for BMO Financial Group

Good place to work

Current Employee - Senior Manager I in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Senior Manager I in Chicago, IL

I have been working at BMO Financial Group

Pros

good pay, managers are compentent, fair and honest. Compensation is good compared to other places. Lots of opportunity to advance if you want.

Cons

Small workspaces. They never fire anyone, so there are alot of old hats sticking around who should have been gone a long time ago.

Love the focus on customer service and the fact that there is a clear, ambitious strategy for growth. Keep up the good work!

489 Other Employee Reviews for BMO Financial Group (View Most Recent)

There's good & bad. Same as most places

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at BMO Financial Group

Pros

Met and worked with some great people.
    Good benefits, decent vacation.
    Better incentive if you work in a profit center

Cons

Company promotes work, life balance and regular reviews, but managers are not consistant with how this is applied.

Invest in technology to have one general ledger platform being used company wide and account names and numbers are consistant.

Great company in the midst of revitalization!

Current Employee - Financial Planner, Investment & Retirement Planning in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I have been working at BMO Financial Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great culture, new direction, history, excellent products.

Cons

Lower pay and push to further this trend. Current scorecard structure has developed an adversarial environment in branches, previous scorecard metrics were much more conducive to team enviroment and best outcome for client.

Don't rely on study done by 3rd party done about 2 years ago, the data is flawed and has led to ill conceived strategies that are taking us down a garden path AGAIN...THE DATA IS FLAWED THE MARKET RESEARCH WAS A WASTE OF MONEY! Don't make overarching assumptions about individual markets and overemphasize certain ethnic groups to the point of 90% or more of branch staff are from one ethnic group because the market data told you this was the case. I have experience with innumerable clients that have been alienated by this strategy, dont forget your core client base, diversification does not mean going to the other end of the spectrum where all staff are visible minorities from ONE SPECIFIC GLOBAL REGION! Have people from a variety of ethnic groups in one branch to provide a truly diverse and inclusive environment where we can help all of our clients not just an assumed (incorrectly assumed) majority demographic.

There are newer employer reviews for BMO Financial Group