BMO Financial Group
www.bmo.com Toronto, Canada 5000+ Employees

Form Triumphs Over Substance

Senior Manager (Current Employee)
Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsMost people seem to recognize the importance of work-life balance. Lots of different areas to explore career-wise.

ConsHave seen some improvements in the current leadership, but I still don't get the sense that we've a got a very strong strategic direction. Some of the executives that I've come into contact with seem more intent on making themselves look good in front of their higher-ups than on doing what's best for the best - sort of a triumph of form over substance.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on what's important. The BMO culture has become too bureaucratic and sometimes seems focused on producing the perfect PowerPoint deck rather than on taking care of business.

Good starter career.

Senior Applications Support Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at BMO Financial Group

Pros: Many opportunities to move around to different areas. I.e., moving from developer to business analyst. With the right management behind… Cons: Pay scales are disproportionate relative to the industry (for developers). Many non-standards in the… Advice to Senior Management: Proper alignment on technology. DO don't TALK about issues -- too much time is spent discussing and not enough time is spent… More

Good place to work--good people and interesting work

Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at BMO Financial Group

Pros: Good people to work with, depends on department. Most of the departments I've been in contact with are helpful. I think the career advancement… Cons: not as much employee recognition as you might think--but its not… Advice to Senior Management: appear more often to us lowly workers so we know… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on BMO Financial Group.

Worked for BMO Financial Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BMO Financial Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for BMO Financial Group CEO Bill Downe . All reviews posted anonymously by BMO Financial Group employees.