BMO Financial Group
www.bmo.com Toronto, Canada 5000+ Employees

Form Triumphs Over Substance

Senior Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at BMO Financial Group

ProsMost people seem to recognize the importance of work-life balance. Lots of different areas to explore career-wise.

ConsHave seen some improvements in the current leadership, but I still don't get the sense that we've a got a very strong strategic direction. Some of the executives that I've come into contact with seem more intent on making themselves look good in front of their higher-ups than on doing what's best for the best - sort of a triumph of form over substance.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on what's important. The BMO culture has become too bureaucratic and sometimes seems focused on producing the perfect PowerPoint deck rather than on taking care of business.

Good company. Everyone strives to reach the common goal of providing quality customer service and solutions.

Senior Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at BMO Financial Group

Pros: Good company to work for. Flexible schedules allow for balance between work and personal time. Our teams are devoted to providing solid solutions to our… Cons: Some pockets of poor performers are not dealt with appropriately. Some policies are… Advice to Senior Management: If we keep on the current path, we will accomplish our goals and be able to provide strong business solutions to our customers during this… More

Big Bank slowly becoming more entrepreneurial

Senior Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at BMO Financial Group

Pros: breadth of career opportunities across the company . Currently is… Cons: large organization - culture bureaucratic and change comes slowly Advice to Senior Management: stick with current strategic course Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on BMO Financial Group.

Worked for BMO Financial Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BMO Financial Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for BMO Financial Group CEO Bill Downe . All reviews posted anonymously by BMO Financial Group employees.