BMO Financial Group

www.bmo.com
  www.bmo.com
There are newer employer reviews for BMO Financial Group

Form Triumphs Over Substance

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)
Current Employee - Senior Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at BMO Financial Group

Pros

Most people seem to recognize the importance of work-life balance. Lots of different areas to explore career-wise.

Cons

Have seen some improvements in the current leadership, but I still don't get the sense that we've a got a very strong strategic direction. Some of the executives that I've come into contact with seem more intent on making themselves look good in front of their higher-ups than on doing what's best for the best - sort of a triumph of form over substance.

Focus on what's important. The BMO culture has become too bureaucratic and sometimes seems focused on producing the perfect PowerPoint deck rather than on taking care of business.

504 Other Employee Reviews for BMO Financial Group (View Most Recent)

Good company. Everyone strives to reach the common goal of providing quality customer service and solutions.

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at BMO Financial Group

Pros

Good company to work for. Flexible schedules allow for balance between work and personal time. Our teams are devoted to providing solid solutions to our business and take pride in their accomplishments. I think BMO has made solid business decisions and this will provide stability to our customers and employees.

Cons

Some pockets of poor performers are not dealt with appropriately. Some policies are not requried and do not provide cost effective solutions and value to shareholders.

If we keep on the current path, we will accomplish our goals and be able to provide strong business solutions to our customers during this time of economic instability. Our customers should not only expect this, but I think they deserve it. We need to prove to them we will be there to suppport them with all their financial needs.

Big Bank slowly becoming more entrepreneurial

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at BMO Financial Group

Pros

breadth of career opportunities across the company . Currently is attempting to become a more nimble, responsive organization

Cons

large organization - culture bureaucratic and change comes slowly

stick with current strategic course

There are newer employer reviews for BMO Financial Group