There are newer employer reviews for BMO Harris Bank N.A.

Opportunity for improvement

Former Employee - Senior Administrative Assistant I  in  Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Senior Administrative Assistant I in Chicago, IL

I worked at BMO Harris Bank N.A. full-time for less than a year

Pros

While the pay is average and nothing to get excited about, the benefits are quite generous. There is a strong customer focus. I was impressed by the friendly culture. There are opportunities for personal growth if you choose to pursue them. It was surprising how many 10 year plus employees there were.

Cons

The company is very siloed and, while there is a sense of team, it doesn't seem to go beyond your own work unit. With regard to all the employees who have been there for a decade or more - in some cases, that's a problem rather than an asset.

130 Other Employee Reviews for BMO Harris Bank N.A. (View Most Recent)

Sales sales sales!

Current Employee - Universal Banker
    Current Employee - Universal Banker

I have been working at BMO Harris Bank N.A. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good co-workers and good benefits

Cons

Too sales oriented, poor morale, sales goals are unattainable and products are decreasing in value.

Get more customer focused and stop working for the rich!

SALES

Former Employee - Universal Banker  in  Port Washington, WI
    Former Employee - Universal Banker in Port Washington, WI

I worked at BMO Harris Bank N.A. full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

BMO as a company has pretty competitive accounts and good training. There's plenty of help when you need it. My coworkers, for the most part, were pretty nice except when it came to sales and the enormous pressure we all felt (as tellers and bankers) too meet goals.

Cons

Unrealistic sales goals, micromanagement, cold calls. For a small town branch with 2 other bankers my goals were completely unrealistic and absurd. We were required to have meetings with our branch manager about how we were going to complete our goals for the day (morning), what we achieved and how to make the goals (lunch), and what we achieved during the day and what our goals and plan was for the next day (evening). I also hated having to make weekly sales calls from 5-6pm...right during the dinner hour when people are not happy to get a cold call from a bank. We were also not supposed to discuss anything in particular with the customer, just get them into the branch with an appointment. I loved my branch manager because she had come from a small town bank like myself and showed sympathy for me not continuously making my goals and struggling with cold calls but I could tell she was getting pressure to pressure us bankers from higher up.

Allow employees their own room to manage their time and to make their goals. Consider branch traffic in making goals and whether new customers are continuously streaming in or if it is the same several people every day.

There are newer employer reviews for BMO Harris Bank N.A.

Worked for BMO Harris Bank N.A.? Contribute to the Community!