BMO Harris Bank

There are newer employer reviews for BMO Harris Bank

Talk, Slow to Act

Current Employee - Technology and Operations Support in Milwaukee, WI
Current Employee - Technology and Operations Support in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at BMO Harris Bank full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Pay and bonus structure is generous. Corporate discounts are plentiful, ranging from cell phone, restaurants, automobiles, vacations, sporting events and consumer goods. Community presence is strong. Reported profitable gain for shareholders over the last few years.

Cons

Little or no accountability by team leads and managers for the projects they stear. It trickles down to boundary partners, who rarely have the expertise to do the job associated with their titles. You're transferred to random people until you find someone who actually cares to work. Meetings are never ending and action is prolonged and avoided. A system is in place to track your time/hours and many take advantage by listing meeting hours to account for project time when nothing ever moves forward. Very unorganized overall.

None.

177 Other Employee Reviews for BMO Harris Bank (View Most Recent)

Great bank at one time, but the culture has changed.

Former Employee - Personal Banker
    Former Employee - Personal Banker

I worked at BMO Harris Bank full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company was a good 401K plan and I enjoyed working with the people and customers at my branch.

Cons

Senior management is out of touch with what is going on at the branches and has a know-it-all attitude. They do not give pay raises and it is difficult to move up in the company.

Listen to employee input and truly have the customer's best interests in mind instead of just trying to push more debt on them.

High Stress, Low Pay, Underappreciated

Current Employee - Universal Banker in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Universal Banker in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at BMO Harris Bank full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Working for a bank is great simply for the hours and holidays you get off. Bmo has a very generous vacation time policy, and a 401k plan that matches up to 5% of salary. Great people to work with.

Cons

Recently BMO Harris went through a very messy merger with M&I Bank. I used to love my job, I was compensated well, and saw a very positive outlook for my future with BMO Harris. However, with the changing environment they have changed how we're compensated and keep raising our goals. They've moved from customer focused to an aggressive numbers and sales enviroment without regard for their employees. I now get paid less, am stressed out and bogged down with non-sales tasks. In order to get compensated you need either sell HELOCS, Mortgages, large business accounts, or like 50 checking accounts in order to MEET goal. The company has taken a turn for the worse. I've never felt so uncomfortable with my situation. I'm looking around.

You call yourself customer-focused, but all we hear are numbers and sales!! Our goals are unrealistic and unfair for the amount of work we put in and you're going to lose quality employees who care for sharks that are just looking for the next best thing and ways to take advantage of customers without regard for their situations. T

There are newer employer reviews for BMO Harris Bank