There are newer employer reviews for BMW Financial Services

Great Culture, Great People!

I have been working at BMW Financial Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Collaborative environment, GREAT benefits, good work/life balance, strong leadership team with focus on providing an excellent customer experience. Financial Services is like a small company inside a big company, so there is opportunity to be innovative and entrepreneurial and to see the impact you are having on the organization.

Cons

Promotions are mostly from within, so if you've come in from the outside to a professional role, be prepared for it take a while to earn the respect of the existing team. Once you do, you'll have a lot of opportunity.

32 Other Employee Reviews for BMW Financial Services (View Most Recent)

Great organization focused on doing the right thing

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I have been working at BMW Financial Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good people and a focus on continuous improvement. Solid management team. Great benefits. Overall a very strong company with a great product - wonderful cars that everyone loves to drive!

Cons

BMW Financial Services North America gets significant input from Germany which may impact company direction. When I was there the opportunities to advance were limited, as a plus the company did large amount of job rotation.

Pretty simple, continue to support and develop the employees.

As far as a corporate office goes, this place tries very hard to provide a positive and engaging environment

I have been working at BMW Financial Services as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Forget about people telling you you won't get hired if you have a tattoo. Those days are over, at least at BMW.

Plenty of events to keep morale up and add interest to your day: we've had a van full of kittens and bunnies visit, Ride and Drives where you can drive a BMW, Basketball tournaments, and even a food truck festival with free wine, beer, and food.

If you aren't hired through a temp agency, but with BMW, there is a car program making BMWs and Minis very affordable and insurance and maintenance is included.

Also, if you aren't hired through a temp agency (like I am) you have access to a health center in the building which is very nice. All associates have access to the Fitness Room with group classes and open gym hours

Free popcorn every day

Cafeteria with a pretty great salad bar

Cons

Most entry-level positions are through a temp agency. Temps only earn 2 days of PTO every three months which makes it impossible to get any time off if you ever want to go on a trip.

Scheduling can be very inflexible due to needing appropriate staffing on the phones to provide service.

Benefits are pretty good but that means pay is not great

PTO policy for temp workers is very discouraging. It encourages me to come to work when I am sick and at other times so I can cling to every minute to have a trip later in the year either for the holidays or the summer. I have had TLs who are nice about taking 30 min lunches or working late so I don't have to dip into my meager PTO for things like doctor appointments, since I am in an admin position, and others who are incredibly inflexible and not understanding and it does not make me feel good at all to never be able to have a break here for fear I won't have enough time off to go out of town with my family.

There are newer employer reviews for BMW Financial Services

Worked for BMW Financial Services? Contribute to the Community!