There are newer employer reviews for BNP Paribas UK

Extremely frustrating layer of middle management

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at BNP Paribas UK

Pros

I think BNP Paribas has masses of potential to have the best possible working environment in Investment Banking in London. Senior management seems to endorse initiative and have a good and sensible ambitions for the bank. I've met and worked with some of the nicest and most friendly people of any job I've ever had in Investment Banking in London. Its a casual and friendly working environment. Close to West End, good gym, good canteen, close to Regent's Park. An idyllic location away from the hustle and bustle of the City and the Wharf.

Cons

Unfortunately the vast and growing layers of middle management seem to destroy morale, hinder progress, and celebrate incompetence at evey opportunity. Instead of investing in technology and in empowering its staff, BNP Paribas seems to have started hiring many of the dregs of middle management from other failed banks (at great cost) in the wake of the global financial crisis. This has served to squash opportunity and frustrate anyone who has good ideas or potential.

Thin out the dead wood in middle management and focus on empowering the rising stars in your workforce especially in the supporting business lines.

reviews filtered by
  1. FX

Current Employee - Analyst in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Analyst in London, England (UK)

I have been working at BNP Paribas UK

Pros

I would probably say that it is the worst place to work for the Oxbridge students.American Banks are much better than BNP if you looking for moving ahead in career. BNP hates if you want to move into other division in the middle of your careers.I would not recommend BNP for top tier Oxbridge Students.The only good thing is that you dnt sit very late in the office.

Cons

I guess I mention above. Some of the team leaders dnt like talking to the juniors.When I joined the BNP Paribas, I was sitting next to the team -leader of my team who was arrogant and dnt like to talk to juniors. never received support from her in work,in addition so afraid to even say good morning. I only find very few Oxbridge students in whole company....Thank god leaving the company...cried every-day in the evening for such behaviour.

Very poor.No respect for talent in the company.Need improvement

2. Not really rewarding

Current Employee - Fixed Income Sales in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Fixed Income Sales in London, England (UK)

I have been working at BNP Paribas UK

Pros

Good work / private life balance

Cons

Very low salary, possibilities of promotion only for Parisians

salaries rise