BNSF Railway
www.bnsf.com Fort Worth, TX 5000+ Employees

BNSF-not a bad place to work

Locomotive Engineer/Conductor (Current Employee)
Amarillo, TX

ProsMost positions offer great pay, benefits and retirement. Many positions also allow for a flexible schedule.

ConsCoroporate managament is grossly out of touch with the labor force. They also don't agree that everyone should share in the company's success. The culture lacks a teamwork mentality.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat employees more like equals. We may not have the multi-million dollar salaries or the BH stock options, but you wouldn't either if it weren't for us. You should foster more of a team mentality and stop perpetuating the "us versus them" mindset.

conductor

Railroad Conductor (Current Employee)
    Mandan, ND

I have been working at BNSF Railway full-time for more than a year

Pros: great job that pays well. Cons: seniority is an issue that people of better skill sets… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Extraordinary company.

Transportation/Operations Locomotive ENG (Current Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at BNSF Railway full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Very Savvy Business leaders. Brilliant management, Excepetional Employees, far superior to all the other railroads! Wages… Cons: Demands committment dedication and challenging schedules. Light Hearted need not… Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the good work. Business decisions have been excellent.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on BNSF Railway.

Worked for BNSF Railway? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BNSF Railway reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for BNSF Railway CEO Matt Rose. All reviews posted anonymously by BNSF Railway employees.