BNSF Railway

Pays the bills

Current Employee - Track Supervisor in Barstow, CA
Current Employee - Track Supervisor in Barstow, CA

I have been working at BNSF Railway

Pros

Decent money as long as you are willing to put in the hours. I dont think the way they promote or give the pre-merger guys special seniorty is fair nor is it correct.

Cons

Prior rights is the worst thing any union job that i have worked for. It doesnt maake sense that some one thats been working a job for 7 years can can get knocked out by a guy with 2 weeks.

We are out here busting our asses to make sure you get your bonus but when things go wrong you easily forgot all the time and sweat we put into the job

210 Other Employee Reviews for BNSF Railway (View Most Recent)

it was a very uncomfortable place to work

Current Employee - Rail Clerk in Topeka, KS
    Current Employee - Rail Clerk in Topeka, KS

I have been working at BNSF Railway

Pros

the pay is a above average, the medical benefits for union clerks is pretty good

Cons

there is no chance of advancement to management for clerks in topeka, the clerks that want to bid for other positions are denied. no diversity in topeka, its just a very uncomfortable place to work. Clerks are forced to work 16 hrs for several days at a time

hire more competent management

pretty good for the most part.

Current Employee - Signalman in Tri Cities, WA
    Current Employee - Signalman in Tri Cities, WA

I have been working at BNSF Railway

Pros

The job is outdoors and pretty interesting.

Cons

We have no payed sick leave. There is always the threat of a investigation if you do something wrong, We did not have this threat even in the miltary. We have mangers who are in charge of people and jobs that they have no clue at all about but because they have a degree BNSF believes that they are more qual. to run the show. This is so far of base it's unreal.

Put people in charge that know what there talking about and who have experience in the job not some college boy who came of the street that does'nt have clue about the job. You don't have to have a degree to manage people and get production, you need the knowledge of the job and real time lines to get it done. And leave people on task to the end quick jerking them all over the place to put out fires mangers think need put out.

There are newer employer reviews for BNSF Railway