BNY Mellon

Decent experience

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at BNY Mellon

Pros

The company culture is good and for the most part, the management seemed qualified and fair.

Cons

Some managers shouldn't be managing anyone.

1324 Other Employee Reviews for BNY Mellon (View Most Recent)

So far good, learning how to do my job. Very quiet place.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I have been working at BNY Mellon

Pros

Time work day ends, long lunch break. Job stability seems great.

Cons

Not enough interaction between coworkers and management. You are basically on your own and get very little input from management. Some like it, some dont.

Communicate more with your employes and get coworkers to socialize more. Let your employees know where they stand instead of having no input/criticism.

If you're there, get out, if you're thinking about BNYM - STAY AWAY !

Current Employee - Managing Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Managing Director in New York, NY

I have been working at BNY Mellon

Pros

Good pay for experieinced people, NY folks are great to work with, and the execs are trying to change the culture since the merger.

Cons

Technology is 20 years behind others, no joke! Pittsburgh employees are backstabbers, the IT folks in Pitt are mostly interested in Steelers vs. working - they are lazy, lack any real development skills, and mgmt seems to put women in key positions more often than not (all for it, as I am a woman myself)... way too many people in mgmt levels, lots fo $ being spent, but lousy technology and mostly a manual process to get anything. They have Lotus Notes E-mail ! HR is incompetent at best, they really are the worst I have ever seen in over 20+ years of working! They do nothing and contribute 0 to value-add. Try to work in NY i you have to work there, and avoid Pitt at all costs - they are lazy, backstabbers, and work at most 7 hour days - and way too many people in IT there - they should fire all of them!

Fire everyone in Pittsburgh for starters, get rid of the head of HR, ad get a new CIO who actually knows what he's doing!

There are newer employer reviews for BNY Mellon