There are newer employer reviews for BNY Mellon

hardworking individual that worked as an integral part of the group

Former Employee - Operations Supervisor in Everett, MA
Former Employee - Operations Supervisor in Everett, MA

I worked at BNY Mellon

Pros

I really felt there was a strong sense of accomplishment for a job well done.

Cons

the hours of the daily valuation interfere with living a normal life

Advice to Management

I think sometimes there needs to be a broader prospective when it comes to how much time in a salaried employee's working life that can be compromised.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Stodgy, Stone Age Thinking, Lack of Innovation, and Stifled by Compliance.

Current Employee - Private Banking Administrator in Camp Hill, PA
    Current Employee - Private Banking Administrator in Camp Hill, PA

I have been working at BNY Mellon

Pros

The best reasons would be if your interested in pursuing a career in compliance and accounting go for this job, if its sales your looking for, go elsewhere!

Cons

They are over-ridden with compliance rules and regulations, it hampers sales efforts and their internal politics warfare stifles productivity and innovation ultimately leading to stagflation, which goes hand in hand with our current economic situation.

Advice to Management

I would flatten the organizational hierarchy, improve communications, reduce compliance restrictions to increase sales, increase incentives to all employees regardless of tenure, and place an emphasis on increasing productivity through sales through revamped policies and mergers of separate departments within existing division.

2. BNY is going through growing pains.

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at BNY Mellon

Pros

Within trust area, strategic decision making was not sound. I was there during a very difficult period for the industry and business. For instance, acquistion of JPMorgan's trust business was probably too big for the management team at BNY to handle. This then resulted in high turnover in both junior and senior management ranks and drift in strategy.

Cons

Finding its footing during and after the 2008 financial crisis is going to be very distracting. This is especially true in the trust area.

Advice to Management

I think Bob Kelly is a good CEO and provides a breath of fresh air to the company. The previous CEO and chairman was old school. Keep upgrading talent and reinvigorate the staff. Too many hertitage BNY people are clubby and think that they have a job for life. New ideas and energy are squashed through slow decision making.