BNY Mellon
2.8 of 5 1,135 reviews
www.bnymellon.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

Since the merger between BNY and Mellon the culture has disintegrated

Senior Analyst (Current Employee)
Everett, MA

ProsGood work/life balance, flexibility, general amicability among peers and managers

ConsLow ceiling on advancement opportunities unless you manage to schmooze your way into 'the club' by living near and hanging out with 'the club' outside of work. Also, promotions are given all too often according to time spent on the job regardless of performance resulting in less talented staff reaping the same reward as outstanding employees. Culture has become more 'in the box' since BNY started steering the ship - less enjoyable, less challenging, less quality in our products.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop centralizing and proceduralizing everything to death!! We have brains - put them to use! Our clients appreciate it when we can collaborate with them to come up with custom solutions; you're tightening the reigns to the point of numbing. I used to love coming into work, and I used to have such pride in my company brand... after 15 years I'm looking elsewhere.

Challenging and Interesting

Tax Specialist (Current Employee)
    Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at BNY Mellon

Pros: Great career advancement opportunities and good benefits package Cons: Some departments have to many supervisors Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Business Intelligence is not getting the recognition it deserves

Enterprise BI Architect (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

I have been working at BNY Mellon

Pros: great team lot of good and knowledgable people Cons: organization is resitant to change a lot of office politics Advice to Senior Management: recognize the people that initiate positive change More
There are newer reviews on BNY Mellon.

Worked for BNY Mellon? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BNY Mellon reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for BNY Mellon CEO Gerald Hassell. All reviews posted anonymously by BNY Mellon employees.