BNY Mellon

www.bnymellon.com

Heart in the right place, but head in the sand

Applications Manager (Current Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsDecent benefits, flexible work arrangements and career opportunities are there for those who network. Immediate management is doing the best with what they have.

ConsLow pay, frozen pay and little to no recognition for above average contribution
Cuts were too deep across too many areas, many functions have yet to recover. It's nearly impossible to count on routine requests being routine.
Instead of hiring desperately needed employees the response has been to obtain, train and release contractors in a never ending cycle, bleeding institutional knowledge..
Management by metrics isn't taking into account the very important factors of culture and other intangibles. Too much 'ivory tower', senior management projects the image they are above understanding the interconnections of data and systems.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop spending money on new cubicles and invest in the workforce.

Ranked the #11 worst company to work for with good reason.

Fund Accountant (Current Employee) King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at BNY Mellon full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: I developed some great friendships with some great people who are all in the same boat… Cons: Most people make below $40k, and when I say "below", I mean on average $36k. It is nearly impossible to break that number here… Advice to Senior Management: We know nothing will ever change with the pay or the promotions, so, as far as my location, acknowledge that the only answer is to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Great experience for first job out of college

Account Administrator (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

I worked at BNY Mellon full-time for more than a year

Pros: You get real world experience that can help you further your career int he… Cons: The salary is less than par of other companies. The potential to move within… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on BNY Mellon.

Worked for BNY Mellon? Contribute to the Community!