BNY Mellon

www.bnymellon.com

Trade Specialist I - Don't Settle.. Keep Searching for Better Jobs

Current Employee - Trade Specialist  in  Pittsburgh, PA
Current Employee - Trade Specialist in Pittsburgh, PA

Pros

Good job right out of college. Once you learn the work, it's easy. Very consistent. Stable job

Cons

No room to move up as a trade specialist. Merit increase was very low. Not consistant between employees, and not based on amount of work you put in. Lack of appreciation for hard work. No motivation to continue working for the company.

Notice those who work extremely hard each day, and notice those who don't. Many hard working, knowledgable people go unnoticed. Offer more incentives or promotions for those who deserve it or they will leave for a new job..

Other reviews for BNY Mellon

Ranked the #11 worst company to work for with good reason.

Current Employee - Fund Accountant  in  King of Prussia, PA
    Current Employee - Fund Accountant in King of Prussia, PA

Pros

I developed some great friendships with some great people who are all in the same boat here. That's it.

9 out of 10 people I know here want out. It's that bad.

Cons

Most people make below $40k, and when I say "below", I mean on average $36k. It is nearly impossible to break that number here in any reasonable amount of time,a nd on't even think of trying to start at 40k. I've been here for a handful of years (enough to know this is offiically a dead end), have a college degree, and I'm still sub-40k, hence my leaving asap.

Raises have been cut over and over. I am now just around 1.5% per year. In other words, my raise is less than the increases in my medical insurance, gas and tolls, all individually compared to the raise, every year.

I, as well as others I know, have asked for raises based on positive, gleaming and flawless performance reviews. Not happening. I even asked for a single level promotion with no money increase just so I could have it on my resume. Nope. They never have the money, but they keep wheeling temps in here and giving half of them permanent positions.

No corporate culture. There were employee engagement activities in the past, but they have all been cut. We get a desk calendar and a t-shirt that we don't need if we're lucky. Oh, and pizza once a year. We'd all rather just have the $5 in our pockets.

Pershing is on-site in the same building as us. We are separated by a wall for compliance issues, but it is more like a socio-economic divide experiment, as they all make considerably more than us and still get an actual holiday party with liquor and real food after hours. We get some italian takeout and soda at lunchtime when it's our turn. Definitely the 2nd class citizens here.

The same people seem to get promoted over and over. Others have noticed it as well, and it is very, very odd.

I could go on and on. Bottom line, you don't want to work here unless your lifestyle is bare bones simple and you can afford to work for mid- $30's for a long time. If you have student loans and aren't on public assistance then look elsewhere. Most people here, including managers, work two jobs to get by.

We know nothing will ever change with the pay or the promotions, so, as far as my location, acknowledge that the only answer is to leave, so we have been, en masse. You don't care about that either, as employee retention and talent development/professional development are not in your plan. We all know we could just as easily die slowly in our cubes over the next 30-40 years and never crack $40k and that would be fine by you. The whole #11 rankling as a worst place to work thing doesn't phase you and you'll just get more incompetent temps or people with low expectations to do the job. You'd rather take some bad press and save money, than to get onboard and change the environment we work in and for. Your employees are underpaid and unhappy. Again, your employees are underpaid and unhappy.

Great experience for first job out of college

Former Employee - Account Administrator  in  Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Account Administrator in Orlando, FL

Pros

You get real world experience that can help you further your career int he future. The management is willing to teach you more than what your current job entails.

Cons

The salary is less than par of other companies. The potential to move within the company is harder than what is explained to you in the initial interview.

There are newer employer reviews for BNY Mellon.

Worked for BNY Mellon? Contribute to the Community!