BNY Mellon
2.8 of 5 1,000 reviews
www.bnymellon.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

Used to be a great place to work, but no longer

FIrst Vice President (Current Employee)
Boston, MA

I have been working at BNY Mellon full-time for more than 10 years

ProsMost of the people at the bank are decent folks who work hard and are well-intentioned. There are few superstars, but a lot of low-key, competent people who make the work environment quite pleasant. Benefits are average, but deteriorating. There's a strong emphasis on community involvement through volunteering and charitable giving.

ConsThe place is in a state of chaos - disorganized, lacking strong leadership and a clear sense of direction. It's something clients are starting to notice. Middle management is overloaded trying to handle change directives sent down without consultation from on high. There's a very pervasive sense amongst the bank staff that the organization is in decline, not focused on our clients and no longer the top dog in the fields where we compete. There is a consistent lack of internal communication and everyone seems to have been living in fear of losing their jobs since 2008. Opportunities for advancement are very limited.

Advice to Senior ManagementReturn your focus to your clients and your client-facing staff. Motivate your people and they will excel for the bank and our clients. Communicate, communicate, communicate.

Not the worst place to work, if you can get through the nepotism

Senior Corporate Actions Specialist (Former Employee)
Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at BNY Mellon full-time for more than a year

Pros: Salary was pretty reasonable and the benefits were great. Work was… Cons: Constant problems with their computer systems. The department I was in, Backoffice Corporate Actions, had people in there that were there when the department started that… Advice to Senior Management: Worry more about retaining and promoting high quality employees who will be able to do an… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Thankful

Customer Trainer (Former Employee)
Lake Mary, FL

I worked at BNY Mellon full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Great company to get work experience, as long as you… Cons: Most jobs are so company specific that it is tough… Advice to Senior Management: There needs to be more focus on employees and making… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on BNY Mellon.

Worked for BNY Mellon? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BNY Mellon reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for BNY Mellon CEO Gerald Hassell. All reviews posted anonymously by BNY Mellon employees.