BNY Mellon
www.bnymellon.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

Lagging behind in tech, but finally trying to catch up

IT Consultant (Former Employee)
New York, NY

I worked at BNY Mellon as a contractor for less than a year

ProsYou're at the hub of the financial world. A lot going on around you. If you're a main-framer, this is the place for you!

ConsThey seriously lag behind in the technology world. The client machines use OS's that are two generations behind. Everything is locked down, which makes it harder to move ahead.

Advice to Senior ManagementI can only suggest things as far as IT goes. It is time to hire more technical folks and start at redoing the infrastructure. Not only will it create jobs, but also help the bank move into the 21st century.

Sinking Ship

King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at BNY Mellon full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Free water - they make you pay for coffee though. Cons: Nobody knows what is going on. Management is schizophrenic. Turnover is high. Everything is being outsourced to India. Policies and procedures being put into… Advice to Senior Management: Just sell the asset servicing business to the highest bidder.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Data jockeys wanted at BNY Mellon

Derivative Operations Specialist (Former Employee)
Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at BNY Mellon full-time for more than a year

Pros: Very easy work. If you graduated from a decent… Cons: Monotonous work, day to day grind. No career planning or mentoring. Very low… Advice to Senior Management: Paying the bare minimum seems smart, but employee turnover, lack… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on BNY Mellon.

Worked for BNY Mellon? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BNY Mellon reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for BNY Mellon CEO Gerald Hassell. All reviews posted anonymously by BNY Mellon employees.