BNY Mellon

No where to go

Taxes (Current Employee)
Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at BNY Mellon full-time for more than a year

ProsThey will give you $10,000 per year for school right off the bat, problem is that they grab students who are fresh off out of undergrad, pay them a low wage and lock them in a spot until they finish grad school.

ConsThere is no where to grow or move to. I have been here for 2 years making less than $35K a year and have only received a $300 pay increase since then, and that's with great year end reviews. They claim that raises "are not in the budget" but our company has been increasing profits every quarter. I cannot leave because I started going back to school so my only options are to stick it out and finish school or pay back $8K and get a new job. The reason I want to leave is that my degree is in Accounting and looking at my job description you would think this is a good spot for me, but its not. I do no accounting what and deal with more stress and headaches than the pay is worth. Do not trust their job descriptions if you are looking at working here. Also, they have been cutting our benefits back more and more each year.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive us room to grow and at least increase our wages with inflation. You are making millions of dollars and the rest of us cannot even afford to pay our student loans.

Blahhh

ETF Accountant (Current Employee)
Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at BNY Mellon full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: I had the opportunity to improve my communication skills by training new hires… Cons: Automated Process for many of the task. Hard to distinguish between… Advice to Senior Management: Figure out a way to have the employees engaged. … No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Bad Attitudes and Way Behind on Technology

Securities Lending Administrator (Current Employee)
Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at BNY Mellon full-time for more than a year

Pros: Big company with many different opportunities. Once you work there for… Cons: I worked in operations which is crappy at any company but especially bad here because of the lack of new technology. The company is more… Advice to Senior Management: Invest much more heavily in technology. If this actually was put in place one… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on BNY Mellon.

Worked for BNY Mellon? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BNY Mellon reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for BNY Mellon CEO Gerald Hassell. All reviews posted anonymously by BNY Mellon employees.