BNY Mellon

There are newer employer reviews for BNY Mellon

No where to go

Current Employee - Taxes in Pittsburgh, PA
Current Employee - Taxes in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at BNY Mellon full-time (more than a year)

Pros

They will give you $10,000 per year for school right off the bat, problem is that they grab students who are fresh off out of undergrad, pay them a low wage and lock them in a spot until they finish grad school.

Cons

There is no where to grow or move to. I have been here for 2 years making less than $35K a year and have only received a $300 pay increase since then, and that's with great year end reviews. They claim that raises "are not in the budget" but our company has been increasing profits every quarter. I cannot leave because I started going back to school so my only options are to stick it out and finish school or pay back $8K and get a new job. The reason I want to leave is that my degree is in Accounting and looking at my job description you would think this is a good spot for me, but its not. I do no accounting what and deal with more stress and headaches than the pay is worth. Do not trust their job descriptions if you are looking at working here. Also, they have been cutting our benefits back more and more each year.

Give us room to grow and at least increase our wages with inflation. You are making millions of dollars and the rest of us cannot even afford to pay our student loans.

1479 Other Employee Reviews for BNY Mellon (View Most Recent)

Accounting and reporting specialist

Current Employee - Accounting and Reporting Specialist I in Everett, MA
    Current Employee - Accounting and Reporting Specialist I in Everett, MA

I have been working at BNY Mellon full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

good benefits not far from home

Cons

In this day and age, very sad to say, but racism still exist. Hard work delivered and no promotion or advancement given because of skin color. If your the most liked skin color in the company you will certainly advance in No time.

Don't worry about the color of skin, gear your concerns and credits to those who have achieved and are willing to work hard to get the job done.
    Also management, let go of your high school buddies and focus on the hard workers. Or as less don't let your buddies come between the ones who deliver the best.

don't waste your time

Current Employee - Asset Servicing & Wealth Management in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Asset Servicing & Wealth Management in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at BNY Mellon full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

there are not many pros- typical huge corporation where you sit in a cubicle all day and have 20 bosses. they start you off with decent vacation ( two weeks, 3 personal days, and some sick days)

Cons

you are just another body in a seat. takes a long time to get into a desirable position. low wages and cant get more than 10% raise when moving into a new position

act like you care about your employees and their career

There are newer employer reviews for BNY Mellon