BNY Mellon

www.bnymellon.com
There are newer employer reviews for BNY Mellon

Une entreprise où il fait bon travailler, probablement un peu en retard sur la technologie et la gestion. A good company to work in, probably a little late on technology and management

Former Employee - Summer Trainee in Paris (France)
Former Employee - Summer Trainee in Paris (France)

I worked at BNY Mellon as an intern (less than an year)

(Translated from English)

Pros

Honnêtement c'était plutôt bien ! J'étais en stage d'été et tant le niveau que l'infrastructure étaient bien. La communication était bonne. Je le recommande.

Honestly this was quite good! I was summer trainee and the level and infrastructure was good. Communication was fine. I would recommend.

Cons

Le logiciel et la formation étaient plutôt vieux.

Certaines procédures et autre paperasserie étaient assez archaïques.

Le pire c'est qu'on ne pouvait pas trop bouger, seulement rester devant un ordinateur de 9h à 17h et ce n'était pas bien vu de sortir faire un peu d'exercice.

The software and training was quite old.
Some procedures and other redtape were quite archaic.
The worse was that we couldn't move that much, everything being staying in front of a computer from 9 to 5 and it was not well considered to make some sport moving anywhere.

Probablement considéré comme un logiciel tant qu'ils recrutaient des cadres ? À part ça la banque me semblait être dirigée plus qu'équitablement et dans le bon sens.

Probably consider software as long as management recruiting? Except this the bank seems to me more than fairly leaded and on the right way.

1416 Other Employee Reviews for BNY Mellon (View Most Recent)

If you're expecting a bright future because you're smart and hardworking, this is the wrong place

Current Employee - Supervisor in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Supervisor in New York, NY

I have been working at BNY Mellon full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great learning experience, good people

Cons

Terrible management,terrible compensation, hard work isn't valued or rewarded

Make sure all managers under you attend a course in management, in the end the employees emulate the ambitious nature or lack thereof of their leaders.

Good solid work place, with tons of room to move up.

Former Employee - Client Accounting and Reporting Specialist I in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at BNY Mellon full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Pay is alright. Work is pretty consistent and managable. Very diverse.

Cons

Doesn't pay (literally) to work your way up in a single department; it's best to leave and keep switching departments.
    Also Bank of New York Mellon likes to fire people/lay them off just because they need to cut costs... maybe they should let go of people on the offshore sites like in India.

Promote within or continue to loose people.

There are newer employer reviews for BNY Mellon