There are newer employer reviews for BNY Mellon

work here if you want a soul sucking dead end job

Former Employee - Trade Specialist in Pittsburgh, PA
Former Employee - Trade Specialist in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at BNY Mellon full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There was a decent amount of vacation time. The best part of working there was the days when I didn't have to be there.

Cons

unrealistic goals are set that you have to reach to even be considered for your less than cost of living increase "pay raise", no work/life balance- this place is like office space and they expect you to work all hours, an extremely boring, mind numbing job, and management is clueless.

Actually learn what your team does and then find real ways to make things more efficient and help people rather than standing around cracking the whip. My experience was that my manager just constantly went out for coffee, or to the gym, and was never actually around. And then when he was around he'd just yell at people over stupid things. And got paid big bucks for this?! REALLY?!

1277 Other Employee Reviews for BNY Mellon (View Most Recent)

BNY mellon is a good place to start your career but not to end your career

Current Employee - Asset Servicing in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Asset Servicing in New York, NY

I have been working at BNY Mellon full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Relaxed work environment, great people to work with, good training, decent hours depending on which department, exposure to different kinds of people and personalities.

Cons

No opportunity to excel, company gives horrible raises and lucky to even get a bonus, very narrow exposure on different business sectors, sometimes office environment can be very informal.

Fund Accountant in a department

I have been working at BNY Mellon

Pros

Some flexibility in working hours

Cons

TOO MANY! Majority of the employees have not been given a raise since 2008, however if you're close to the director than most likely you'll receive a bump in pay and title. Work is boring, there's no upward mobility whatsoever, parking is expensive because its DTLA. Majority of the women here were sexually harassed by our previous senior manager before they allowed him to voluntarily quit when instead he and the company should've been sued. The DTLA office goes through a wave of lay offs once a year. Each department is slowly being migrated out to Pittsburg. Some people only work for 6 hours a day while others work for the solid 8.

I have no advice because this office is probably going to be obsolete in 5 years...

There are newer employer reviews for BNY Mellon