BNY Mellon
2.8 of 5 1,129 reviews
www.bnymellon.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

VP, ops mgr

ProsDecent benefits, great work team

Cons5+ years of poor raises - as a manager having comp discussion with hard working staff is a nightmare - hard to tell them "you are great, and I value your hard work" here is your 1.5 % increase. NY offices are systematically being cleaned out - jobs all going overseas (for the oldest US bank to dump as many US jobs as it can is sad) - between poor comp,, constant top of the house restructuring (which only seems to lead to increased pay days for sr mgrs) and endless NY downsizing, morale is in the dumps. Bad performers are kept because mgrs know job would be replaced overseas and bad performer is better than no one at all. Remaining staff severely overworked and stressed.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior mgmt viewed as greedy and clueless about what is actually happening in the trenches - some shared sacrifice is long overdue. Staff raises 1.6, CEO gets 11%. What is wrong with this picture? Fire senior HRBP - worst ever!

No bells and whistles

(Current Employee)

I have been working at BNY Mellon full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: - reasonable work hours - flex time - location - nice people -… Cons: - bad benefits- keep getting worse (2013 specifically) - no proactive ergonomic consideration- employees suffer from equipment quality (chairs, etc.) - do not pay… Advice to Senior Management: Focus on the little things to acheive employee satisfaction, engagement, and initiative. Foster an environment… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Enjoyed my time, Fast paced, all new technologies

Senior Project Manager (Former Employee)
    Jersey City, NJ

I worked at BNY Mellon full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Talented staff, ability to work remotely at times Cons: Sometimes too aggressive on delivery Advice to Senior Management: too many offshore members that are jr level doing senior… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on BNY Mellon.

Worked for BNY Mellon? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BNY Mellon reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for BNY Mellon CEO Gerald Hassell. All reviews posted anonymously by BNY Mellon employees.