There are newer employer reviews for BNY Mellon

6 year employee-Disgruntled as hell!

Current Employee - Trust Associate in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Trust Associate in Chicago, IL

I have been working at BNY Mellon full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits are decent. Vacation and location probably the only reason I'm still here and haven't jumped ship. Get it together!

Cons

Pay is way below industry standard. How America's oldest bank continues to outsource jobs overseas is sad. Morale is terrible because operating model changes have increased stress, workload, and aggravation. The only thing that does not increase are our wages. 1.5% if you hit the top of their expectations. My last increase was sucked up by taxes.

Advice to Management

Get a clue as to what the folks on the bottom of the chain are doing. Telling people that they can feel free to work someplace else because they are dissatisfied with the bs you created is not fair. You get your increases, why can't we? We are doing all the work and you all are making it up as you go.

reviews filtered by
  1. Below average pay

Former Employee - Fund Accountant
    Former Employee - Fund Accountant

I worked at BNY Mellon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Very laid back environment
    -You CAN'T get fired, even if you tried..This is not a joke..once you get in, you really have to screw up a lot to get fired.
    -You can get by doing minimum work
    -You get a while to learn everything..
    -Good benefits
    -Some managers are amazing

Cons

-Horrible Pay, and very demoralizing bonuses (3% on average if you're lucky)
    -Expect to put in 2-3 years before getting a promotion (and bare minimum raise as a result)
    -You're rewarded based on seniority and how long you've been at the company. Even people dumber than you will make 50-60% more than you if they've been there for longer than you
    -People with CPA and MBA designations weren't rewarded accordingly and were passed over for promotion, even with almost 3 years of experience to boost. Morale of the story, hard work will not result in success at the company and may take a while till you see the rewards for it
    -No room for growth (Literally..this is not a joke)
    -Exit opportunities are HORRIBLE. You will be stuck here forever or companies similar to what your role will be. Think twice before starting your career here. You will be lucky to get interviews elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Promote your employees when they put in the work and pay them fairly..
    Provide more opportunity for growth.

Underpaid to provide CEO's with huge salaries

Current Employee - Accounting Clerk
    Current Employee - Accounting Clerk

I have been working at BNY Mellon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I met really nice coworkers and my direct manager was great. Our building had good food in the cafeteria.

Cons

Everything else, benefits, senior company management, salaries, commuter benefits

Advice to Management

Take a pay cut!