There are newer employer reviews for BNY Mellon

Good first job for new college graduate

I have been working at BNY Mellon full-time

Pros

Relatively good benefits,flexible working hours,and most ppl are helpful (but there are also some mean ones).

Cons

no good training b/c supervisors are always too busy and want to go on vacations, low salary with little bonus(personally I am okay with that since this is my first job after college,but I don't know if i wanna stay after 1-2 yrs),hard to get promoted(they also laid off some people in diff departments).

Advice to Management

Raise salary to keep good employees. Invest your people

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Operation/Adminstration

I have been working at BNY Mellon

Pros

BNY Mellon has various openings.

Cons

1.Reluctant to re-hire their experienced ex-employees who lost their job due to out-sourcing.2. Employees are applying on BNY Mellon Web-Site for jobs and unable to get an interview. The same job is being sent to "Your Job Leads from State of New York's Job Bank".3. Is this a mis-representation on job openings at BNY Mellon?4.Positions that have extentsive requirements are asking for little in the way of job experience, this seems like a contradiction!Recrutiers are taking excessive time to response to eager candiates.5.Ex-employees were being pressure to seek employment from competitors in contradiction to the bank's policy to loyality of the company policy. Employees with 25+ years of experience are unable to re-apply for jobs.

Advice to Management

1. The bank should practice what they preach. Do not use pie charts at conferences to us ex-employees, showing us we are leading in the international market shares. 2. Do not post job openings where a decision to hire within area where as a decision already being made.3. Cut out nepotism.4. Learn to respect employees with years of experiences and who has demonistrated loyality.

Great Opportunity, depends on management

Current Employee - Senior Specialist Pricing in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Specialist Pricing in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at BNY Mellon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of growth opportunities. Great location. Fun work atmosphere if you have the right management.

Cons

Can be pretty archaic is stuck with bad management.

Advice to Management

Think outside the box. Treat employees with respect. Take time and effort to accurately rate people on their performance.