There are newer employer reviews for BNY Mellon

Good benefits, got caught in corporate downsizing the same week as my 20th anniversary

Former Employee - Help Desk Administrator in King of Prussia, PA
Former Employee - Help Desk Administrator in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at BNY Mellon full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good benefits, very flexible with telecommuting, no micro-managing. Didn't know BNY Mellon per se very well, as I worked for several different companies nearly 20 years before the aquisition.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Initially, great but that all depended on who you worked for......

Former Employee - Financial Reporting in Wilmington, DE
    Former Employee - Financial Reporting in Wilmington, DE

I worked at BNY Mellon full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great Benefits Huge company with a lot of growth potential

Cons

Favoritism No one stands up for the "little" guy. It's a sink or swim mentality.

Advice to Management

Don't let all levels of management get away with favoritism. That seems to be a prevalent theme amongst all centers of excellence. Merit and loyalty doesn't get you anywhere but booted out the door. Bosses and direct report relationships should NOT be allowed. Bosses helping out their "friends" with their work while ignoring those who need assistance. And those "friends" get promoted even after they messed up. Their mistakes never get "reported" at review time cause their boss and friend is giving them their review. That all gets swept under the carpet. Most Managing Directors don't have a clue who their own employees are or take the time to get to know them.

BNY Mellon, some good some bad

Current Employee - Senior Administrative Assistant in King of Prussia, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Administrative Assistant in King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at BNY Mellon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Overall a good experience. I got lucky and fell into an awesome group/team with a great manager. I got in with a great salary (for my position as an admin) at the top of my job grade. During the recruitment process when they called to make me an offer, I said I wont accept any lesss than... There are plenty of online courses offered in a wide variety of subjects, these can help with advancements & performance review.

Cons

I feel like there is not much room for advancement unless you can transfer around. Even then you need to know someone to be considered for the position! Raises have not been good and I believe they are going to get worse.

Advice to Management

Be a little more flexible with hours, like I said I have an awesome laid back group however I know many folks who will get reprimandd for taking a long lunch, being late, working at home, etc.