BNY Mellon

www.bnymellon.com
There are newer employer reviews for BNY Mellon

9 to 5 Dream

I worked at BNY Mellon as a contractor

Pros

Large company with lots of resources, not very demanding in terms of hours and commitment (everyone leaves ON time), growth opportunities available

Cons

Not very exciting. Growth really depends on your manager, if they share knowledge then you can make a good career here (without feeling you have to work 70 hrs/week). Unfortunately it's easy to just do enough to get by and you run into people who are just coasting.

It's never good management practice to assume your employees are inferior to you.

1415 Other Employee Reviews for BNY Mellon (View Most Recent)

Good benefits, got caught in corporate downsizing the same week as my 20th anniversary

Former Employee - Help Desk Administrator in King of Prussia, PA
    Former Employee - Help Desk Administrator in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at BNY Mellon full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good benefits, very flexible with telecommuting, no micro-managing. Didn't know BNY Mellon per se very well, as I worked for several different companies nearly 20 years before the aquisition.

Cons

BNY Mellon, some good some bad

Current Employee - Senior Administrative Assistant in King of Prussia, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Administrative Assistant in King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at BNY Mellon full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Overall a good experience. I got lucky and fell into an awesome group/team with a great manager. I got in with a great salary (for my position as an admin) at the top of my job grade. During the recruitment process when they called to make me an offer, I said I wont accept any lesss than...
    There are plenty of online courses offered in a wide variety of subjects, these can help with advancements & performance review.

Cons

I feel like there is not much room for advancement unless you can transfer around. Even then you need to know someone to be considered for the position! Raises have not been good and I believe they are going to get worse.

Be a little more flexible with hours, like I said I have an awesome laid back group however I know many folks who will get reprimandd for taking a long lunch, being late, working at home, etc.

There are newer employer reviews for BNY Mellon