BNY Mellon
2.8 of 5 1,000 reviews
www.bnymellon.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

A different company than it was years ago.

Information Technology (Current Employee)
New York, NY

I have been working at BNY Mellon full-time for more than 10 years

ProsMain pro is that they pay me. To compensate the low annual increase, they will give a bonus of a couple of thousand dollars. Nothing like the big investment firms, but it's better than nothing.

ConsLimited opportunities for most. Salary increases are 1-2% on average. Layoffs every few months. People fear for their jobs. Good people with years of experience are replaced by offshore staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement states that we are their most valuable asset. If only they practiced what they preached. We're a commodity that will be tossed aside the moment they can save a buck by replacing us.

Good work and dedicated people, limited advancement opportunities.

Project Manager (Current Employee)
Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at BNY Mellon full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Global organization with managers who truly appreciate diversity. Backbone of economic flow of cash and capital globally. Emerging focus on empowering and recognizing talent (more), but… Cons: Even with outstanding performance record over many years, limited advancement. Anecdotally, many employees feel frustrated by lack of rewards (e.g. pay raises and bonuses), and lack… Advice to Senior Management: Figure out how to engage, empower, and unleash the potential of many more employees beyond a select few. Remove the clock-punching… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

A good company to work for but if you want to advance, forget it.

Human Resources Administrative (Current Employee)
Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at BNY Mellon full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: support of co-workers, 1 hour lunches, vacation time starts day… Cons: no room for advancement unless your are known by a Manager or "special", raises are… Advice to Senior Management: why bother No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on BNY Mellon.

Worked for BNY Mellon? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BNY Mellon reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for BNY Mellon CEO Gerald Hassell. All reviews posted anonymously by BNY Mellon employees.