BNY Mellon

www.bnymellon.com
There are newer employer reviews for BNY Mellon

Incredibly nice coworkers. Learned a lot during my 2 months there.

Former Employee - Summer High-school Intern in Boston, MA
Former Employee - Summer High-school Intern in Boston, MA

I worked at BNY Mellon as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Friendly and very easy going supervisors

Cons

Programs needed for work don't work right away.

1416 Other Employee Reviews for BNY Mellon (View Most Recent)

Hierarchical 70's mentality in IT

Current Employee - Vice President in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Vice President in New York, NY

I have been working at BNY Mellon full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Corporate programs sound great if you were ever allowed to participate in them.

Cons

Management does not believe in employee empowerment or utilizing the skills their own people have. Projects are poorly run, over budget and late. Compensation is sub par and there is no trust of the staff.

Trust your people, allow them to take responsibility and reward them for what they do. Shake up middle management until they get the message.

Terrible pay and incentive policies driven by clueless executive team led to the mass exodus that is currently underway.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at BNY Mellon full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Work-life balance, your peers are great to work with, 401k match is nice, large number of vacation days. The big reason people stay at the company is the 7.5 hour days. You rarely take work home with you and are able to have a good life outside of work - though you may not have any money to have fun outside of work.

Cons

terrible pay, high turnover (30%+ annually) and low engagement because of the terrible pay. most of the positions at the bank are low level / entry level processing jobs that are currently being moved to India. We are constantly told that we are still operating in "tough times" (read "no raises or bonuses") even if the company nets profit of a few billion.

The offices are dingy and gross- stained carpets, all grey and muted pastels... its really the most depressing and dated office I've been in. You'd think we were working in a 3rd world country in the 1980's, not class A office space at a Fortune 500 company. If you weren't depressed about your paycheck or high deductible health plan, the physical office space will do it for ya...

If you want to deliver excellence to clients, you need the best employees. Paying your workforce below average wages will only attract workers that are below average. The biggest threat that the company faces is that it is unable to retain top talent, which is driven by terrible pay and incentives.

There are newer employer reviews for BNY Mellon