There are newer employer reviews for BNY Mellon

Incredibly nice coworkers. Learned a lot during my 2 months there.

Former Intern - Summer High-school Intern in Boston, MA
Former Intern - Summer High-school Intern in Boston, MA

I worked at BNY Mellon as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly and very easy going supervisors

Cons

Programs needed for work don't work right away.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Accounting Analyst

Former Employee - Accounting Analyst in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Accounting Analyst in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at BNY Mellon full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Decent Vacation for entry level position. There is tuition reimbursement. You are paid for overtime. Work 7.5 hours a day with one hour lunch. Its a great entry level job.

Cons

Def. underpaid compared to other companies. Raises & Promotions are very little. They give less than 2% merit increases normally and promotions won't see more than 10% above salary. If you are looking to stay at BNY Mellon and advance, you will be making significantly less money than peers who are hired from outside of Mellon.

Terrible pay and incentive policies driven by clueless executive team led to the mass exodus that is currently underway.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at BNY Mellon full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Work-life balance, your peers are great to work with, 401k match is nice, large number of vacation days. The big reason people stay at the company is the 7.5 hour days. You rarely take work home with you and are able to have a good life outside of work - though you may not have any money to have fun outside of work.

Cons

terrible pay, high turnover (30%+ annually) and low engagement because of the terrible pay. most of the positions at the bank are low level / entry level processing jobs that are currently being moved to India. We are constantly told that we are still operating in "tough times" (read "no raises or bonuses") even if the company nets profit of a few billion. The offices are dingy and gross- stained carpets, all grey and muted pastels... its really the most depressing and dated office I've been in. You'd think we were working in a 3rd world country in the 1980's, not class A office space at a Fortune 500 company. If you weren't depressed about your paycheck or high deductible health plan, the physical office space will do it for ya...

Advice to Management

If you want to deliver excellence to clients, you need the best employees. Paying your workforce below average wages will only attract workers that are below average. The biggest threat that the company faces is that it is unable to retain top talent, which is driven by terrible pay and incentives.